Just got XTM X-Terminator

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBurninator

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
WOW, WOW, and WOW is all i can say here.

It's everything i expected it to be and more, coming from a 1/8th scale.
This thing screams through the low end, mid-range, and high end. this thing is AWESOME!

i took it out to my local track and man you shoulda seen their faces after i beat them without much effort at all.

i encourage ALL who want one to buy it immediately. you have 2 choices. you have the more bash around, but still race capable 2.6 hp version, or the pro version with the 2.75 hp engine.

you WILL NOT be dissapointed.

(PS, and when i was racing, i wasn't even done with the last 3 tanks of break in :devious: )

these are some pics of it after i broke it in.

gets nice and dirty :classic:

Corey

Attachments

• X-Terminator1.jpg
    X-Terminator1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 193
  • X-terminator2.jpg
    X-terminator2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 199
  • X-Terminator3.jpg
    X-Terminator3.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Hell yeah man, looks good, looks damn good. What's their site again?

I just got mine a few weeks ago and I love mine. I still haven't broken anything on it after 2 or 3 quarts of fuel. Very durable, very powerful, and very fast, and very good looking, i could go on and on. I LOVE my X-Terminator!!! Heres some pics of mine when it was new. I have siince added a better heatsink and it is now dirty :devious: Here ya go:

Oh yeah, their site is xtm.globalhobby.com

Hey, TheBurninator is that the stock servo in yours?, cuz I got a different one.

Attachments

• P6250162.jpg
    P6250162.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 170
  • P6250167.jpg
    P6250167.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 174
You guys need some better resolution pics! :hammer: Take some closer up, better resolution pictures :arrr:.

hey guys with them xtm buggy..i also own one, the deluxe version. one my favorite r/c's...keeps going after anything i throw at it. but...check out

http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/globalforum/viewforum.php?f=7

and youll find out ways to get around the rear diff tab breakage...the one and seemingly only weak point in the xtm buggy. trust me sooner or later it will break on you if you do jump the xtm the way it wants to be jumped.

These things really are great. The X-Terminator is definetely my favorite R/C.

The resolution of my pics are awsome but the forum only allows 69KB pics so I have to shrink them down so they get all grainy and they look worse.

Yeah I know, but dude... my pic's look way better than yours do... you have to play with size and quality, look in my gallery.

Your pics have a lower resolution than mine. But, since they are bigger they are still easier to see.

YAH, rock on x-terminator people, we gotta make our own thread.

here's some pics of mine :D

and WA2FAST, if you want i can get a 1mg+ 6 megapixel shot for you since the ones i uploaded are shrunken down a lot

Attachments

• 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 48.jpg
    48.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 261
Nice pics Nitro_Freak, I've got almost 3 quarts through mine with a lot of huge jumps and still no breakage. I bash this thing harder than my savage and still haven't broken it! Although my tires did go bald, that can easily be fixed.

I agree, we should get our own thread going :D

the only things i've broken on mine is the pullstart and the steering servo which stripped out twice, the 2nd time 10 min after i installed the new gears. i got a 645mg which was a big improvement. now all i need is new tires since the ones i have on it are bald.

go for some knuckles from pro-line..they give good all around traction and last forever...the stock tires on my xtm deluxe went bald in about 7 tanks of fuel after break-in..the knuckels still look brand new after almsot a gallon, and i drive on pavement alot.

trust me with the xterm buggys...push that thing hard...youll be surprised at how high and hard you can push it and itll jsut keep going....after doing the diff tab mod i mentiond above then youll really never worry when you know your gona land all wrong...its a bad-ass feeling when your buggy cartwheels, tumbles, and smashes full speed after a jump gone wrong and you dont even crindge, you know the buggy will keep going.

i was going to buy some knuckes as it was. about your diff tab mod, what exactly did you do? i know there's some things you can buy on ebay, but i'm just curious what you did?

let's say I only run my x-t deluxe in the backyard, on grass, minus break-in. could that save a lot of wear on the tires?

for sure. i ran my x-t on pavement a lot, that's why the tires wore down. what i'm going to do is get some knuckes and rims and use the stock worn down tires for the street so i don't waste my nice dirt ones

my method of doing the diff tab brace is different than what i have seen done on global services and what is sold on ebay. i wish i could post pics of what I've done..so much easier that way.

i took 2 tie rods and rod ends from a t-maxx i had laying around. i bought a front bumper for a xterminator (like 5$?) from hobby people. if you look on the back of the xtm chassis there are 2 holes there that mount a front bumber perfectly. i used screws that were long enough to go all the way thru the bumper, and used locknuts, to mount the bumper back there.

now for the tie rods. if you look at your xtm wing, there is 2 aluminum hexagon shaped braces spanning in between the wing towers right under were the plastic wing mounts. i removed the rear most hex brace, and pushed the 2 tie rods onto it, and it should be a perfect fit. after that i re-installed the hex brace back the way it was, with the 2 tie rods in place. for the other end of the tie rods, i drilled holes into the bumper i mounted earlier right were the holes have the most support on the bumper, right above the ribs.
now take 2 long screws, insert thru the tie rods and the holes you drilled in the bumper, and use a locknut to hold it all toghether.

this creates a traingle back there....were as before the shock tower/wing tower were creating a fulcrum right on the diff tabs, being the only thing holding the unit on, we now have 2 tie rods going up and creating a traingle. this makes the shock tower/wing tower super stiff. i broke my stock xtm diff tabs my FIRST day out jumping. now it can land right on the wing tower, smash the flexible plastic wing into pieces, but the shock tower/wing tower diff tabs are solid as hell still.

like i said i wish i could post pics it would make so much more sense. i do know the 2 tie rods i got back there make it look bad ass, kind like how top fuel dragsters have that frame work holding their wings on. and IMO this method is much easier than fabbing a tab brace out of steel/aluminum. on top of that..the other method of making tabs jsut adds strengh to that fulcrum point, my method removes any fulcrum points completly from the diff tabs.

That's why I bought my tarmac's when I got mine. I tune on the street, so my first 5 tanks were all on the pavement.

alkuya, if you could post pics that's be great! kind of hard to understand what you're saying without them. i'm sure the other x-terminator guys would also appreciate it.

thanks

What about sand on a baseball field? What tires would be best for all around grip and durability? also, would any tire last long on sand or whatever baseball fields have?

b/c, we've got, like, a million around here to bash on...

i'm thinking something with smallish knobs like the crime fighters would be good for a baseball diamond. BUT, i think you should just try it with bald tires. drift heaven :D

Back