Just got a free nitro air boat

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevecz28

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i was helping my grandfather in-law (wifes grandpa) with his rc parasail. and for helping him, he gave me a old flat bottom rc air boat. he even threw in a new prop and a good 40 series motor for it. i need to make a engine mount for it, and mount my gas tank to it. and throw one of my receivers in it and let her rip. ill get pics of it soon. I'm pretty excited about this and had to share

Good for you! It's always enjoyable to bring something old back out into the sunshine. Post the pics, and good luck with the project.

its better than i thought. he told me i would need a receiver and servos. opened it up, and found everything in there. haha sweet...I'm definatly throwing a paint job on it though. dont like the barney purple haha

001.jpg

002.jpg

Pick up some real servo linkages for it when you're at the hobby shop getting paint.

Barney must die....die....die....

oh i know i need real linkage. the rear rudder wont work due to the cables getting stuck trying to push it to the right. it will pull it back, but theres too much give in it. i never trusted wire. and yes its is red now. haha hated the purple.

You also need to have matching servo horns. You'll see they are not the same length. One has 4 positions, the other only 3.

Back