Just aquired petrol RC looking for places local to telford

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rovan2021

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi just aquired a rovan baja 5b has uprated engine etc , I live in Telford (UK ) and wondered if anyone knew of anywhere i could take it where I wouldn't upset the locals and have the police turning up 🙄, just want to find somewhere where I can take my step son and relax knowing we won't be bothered , willing to even pay if needs be , thanks for your time

Last edited:
I am across the pond as well, but if you look on Google Maps you can find all kinds of places to go. Do you have a skate park?
There's plenty of spaces it's just there's also plenty of morbid folk so was looking for an area where wouldn't get bothered , you can't do much in the UK now used to be able to ride around on Motocross bikes the lot when I was a kid but they have cracked down on everything 👍

Welcome in @Rovan2021 , If you don't have it already, I would down load Google Earth Pro and check out your area. It's free and it's a great way to find different areas.
I have a Baja 5b also and installed the Q Baja kit. Super fun rig for sure.

Welcome in @Rovan2021 , If you don't have it already, I would down load Google Earth Pro and check out your area. It's free and it's a great way to find different areas.
I have a Baja 5b also and installed the Q Baja kit. Super fun rig for sure.
Thankyou will have to have a good look 👀 much appreciated

If you also check out RovanRC on ebay, he has a ton of parts for the Rovan. Granted it comes out of the U.S. but he has tons.

If you also check out RovanRC on ebay, he has a ton of parts for the Rovan. Granted it comes out of the U.S. but he has tons.
Luckily mine has already had some spent on the upgrades , I've just ordered a new front setup as the plastic was smashed , managed to get a front a bar , skid plate both aluminium and bolt set for £60 wich isn't bad I don't think , I could spend hundreds easily , never realised how expensive they where , thankyou 👍

That's the nature of the hobby but no better hobby as far as I'm concerned. Here's mine, I've also added a aluminum wing.
I've also removed the death trap wheel nuts. I cut my leg right after I installed them so I can imagine the damage it would do if I hit myself or even worse, somebody else.
Several aluminum parts I've installed but haven't taken any more pics yet. I am going to build a second one with all the extra parts I have and going to buy a 36cc engine.

5b.JPG

That's the nature of the hobby but no better hobby as far as I'm concerned. Here's mine, I've also added a aluminum wing.
I've also removed the death trap wheel nuts. I cut my leg right after I installed them so I can imagine the damage it would do if I hit myself or even worse, somebody else.
Several aluminum parts I've installed but haven't taken any more pics yet. I am going to build a second one with all the extra parts I have and going to buy a 36cc engine.

View attachment 130414
Looks awesome mate I havnt taken mine out yet only gone up and down Street , upgrade wise I'm looking to get all ally suspension next and slowly but surely convert everything to ally , my rear wings still plastic defo want to upgrade that I'm tempted to make the spoiler myself though , ally offcuts are cheap to buy and I'm pretty handy with a grinder and drill , will be a long standing project for sure , also want to get the ally hubs and extender for the rear wheels are there way to close to the rear wheel rims 👍
Looks awesome mate I havnt taken mine out yet only gone up and down Street , upgrade wise I'm looking to get all ally suspension next and slowly but surely convert everything to ally , my rear wings still plastic defo want to upgrade that I'm tempted to make the spoiler myself though , ally offcuts are cheap to buy and I'm pretty handy with a grinder and drill , will be a long standing project for sure , also want to get the ally hubs and extender for the rear wheels are there way to close to the rear wheel rims 👍
P.s mine has had a 36cc fitted got some serious torque but is hell loud 😂

There are a lot of UK based Youtubers. Kevin Talbot, Tomley, etc. Maybe they can give you some ideas where they play.

There are a lot of UK based Youtubers. Kevin Talbot, Tomley, etc. Maybe they can give you some ideas where they play.
Thankyou will have to try and get in contact all the local rc clubs either only accept electric or don't accept anything bigger than 1/8 scale 🤦 thankyou

Thankyou will have to try and get in contact all the local rc clubs either only accept electric or don't accept anything bigger than 1/8 scale 🤦 thankyou
Yeah, I hate RC clubs for that reason. I rented some track time at a local hobby shop, who were completely ok with nitros on their track. A few guys from the local RC club showed up with their 1/8 Losi racers and while I was running they were working on the track. One of them motioned like he was going to throw a rake at my car and we had to have a little chat that almost landed him on his butt. Later when I wrecked it he had a good laugh. Turns out they are all nitro haters, plus I wasn't in their little club. Serious bunch of A-holes.

Yeah, I hate RC clubs for that reason. I rented some track time at a local hobby shop, who were completely ok with nitros on their track. A few guys from the local RC club showed up with their 1/8 Losi racers and while I was running they were working on the track. One of them motioned like he was going to throw a rake at my car and we had to have a little chat that almost landed him on his butt. Later when I wrecked it he had a good laugh. Turns out they are all nitro haters, plus I wasn't in their little club. Serious bunch of A-holes.
Lmao 😂 they wonder why kids are going down local parks etc on pitbikes etc , it's so hard to find places to do the right thing when I was a kid you could go everywhere within reason , can't do anything nowadays it's ridiculous , I have an autistic son and he's got a electric RC car wanted to find somewhere we wouldn't get bothered to spend some quality time togethor but after having various replies back from clubs , etc it's not looking Likley I think next best thing is industrial estates on a Sunday afternoon , or open spaces away from roads and houses

Lmao 😂 they wonder why kids are going down local parks etc on pitbikes etc , it's so hard to find places to do the right thing when I was a kid you could go everywhere within reason , can't do anything nowadays it's ridiculous , I have an autistic son and he's got a electric RC car wanted to find somewhere we wouldn't get bothered to spend some quality time togethor but after having various replies back from clubs , etc it's not looking Likley I think next best thing is industrial estates on a Sunday afternoon , or open spaces away from roads and houses
Same thing is happening in the states. More and more freedoms are being stripped away.

It's a real shame I mean I understand there's Muppets out there that aren't sensible etc but it's getting to the point where you can't do anything it's a joke unfortunately , as a 3 year old can remember going with my dad on his crosser fuel tank at the local " crosser" pit , and as got older on my own bikes etc that was well used for several year until they reclaimed it for coal 🙄 nowadays theres nothing available , can't believe I'm struggling to find somewhere to take a RC car 🤦 think these days it's the ridiculous p.c and health and safety laws along with liability insurance that's has killed it all off , money money money !

I just went out to check a spot very close to me where we used to go swimming and fishing as a kid. I was looking to see if we could take my son there to run a boat. We got ran off in like 5 minutes by a guy in a big dump truck. I guess this completely unused portion of land is now private property.

I just went out to check a spot very close to me where we used to go swimming and fishing as a kid. I was looking to see if we could take my son there to run a boat. We got ran off in like 5 minutes by a guy in a big dump truck. I guess this completely unused portion of land is now private property.
Try and contact the owner of the property and see if he'll give you permission? Or was the guy in the dump truck the owner?

Back