Just a basher! any advice?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mctint

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi, recently bought revo 3.3 and just done break in by the book, no plans to race but just enjoy it to the fullest and get the most out of it. Is there any advice on any settings or changes that need be doing to prevent any unecesary damage(i.e suspension adjustments, slipper clutch, two-speed transmission adjustments etc..) and maximize performance?

If you don't plan to race, you bought the wrong truck. If you want to bash, and bash to the maximum, you should have picked up a savage. Keep 20 bucks worth of spur gears in your back pack then give it hell.

I bought my Revo to bash. And i love it.
What type of terrain are you planning on running that new rig on Mctint?

Nothing wrong with a Revo for bashing. Just know that things can and will break. Have a set of spare A arms, rod ends, spur gears, and glow plugs on hand.

Nothing wrong with a Revo for bashing. Just know that things can and will break. Have a set of spare A arms, rod ends, spur gears, and glow plugs on hand.
Thats right. I have been real lucky tho i just carry a temp gun mini screwdriver (small glass) and a spare glow plug. Knock on wood,

i to have had very little issues other than normal wear and tear. i love mine for bashing.

I'd get RPM arms and axle carriers, prefferably the RPM tru-track on the rear to eliminate the rear turnbuckles. Redo the throttle linkage to not have that overly stiff traxxas throttle return spring in place. That thing kills servos and doesn't do the carb slide any favors with all the off axis pressure.

If you run on pavement at all when jumping, get an alloy rear skid as the stock plastic one will grind away pretty quick and break off, then you loose your hinge pins.

I to just bought a revo this year. I finally got it out to play after the brake in was over. I beat the piss out of that truck and to my surprise the only thing that happened was a wing screw got a little loose. After that run I think a revos are fine for bashing!

I bought my Revo to bash. And i love it.
What type of terrain are you planning on running that new rig on Mctint?

So ur loving ur basher then? :) cool. Il be running mine mostly on dirt tracks, some offroads by the country side. Hopefully by the end of this week il take it and see what its capable of. Just completed break-in.

Kool. The only thing i changed was the way it sat. Te guy before me had the greens in the back and the whites? I think? In the front. I changed them to the blues and the silvers up front The beefier ones. Then i put the pushrods in the middle hole, So it wouldn't bottom as ez. You'll love the rig to man Have funn! And keep us up to date.

Kool. The only thing i changed was the way it sat. Te guy before me had the greens in the back and the whites? I think? In the front. I changed them to the blues and the silvers up front The beefier ones. Then i put the pushrods in the middle hole, So it wouldn't bottom as ez. You'll love the rig to man Have funn! And keep us up to date.

Are these suppose to be stiffer springs? did u also fit the longer rocker arms provided?:\

I'm running the red push rods 102 i think.And yes the stiffer ones.

Back