Jeep CJ8 Paintjob

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BF Goodrich MT's. Cool beans. My old CJ used to have a Warn 8,000 winch on it. It was lifted 6" and also had air lockers in the front and rear.

Your old jeep? man dont tell me your not driving a jeep now? lol Yeap BFG's are great. I had a warn winch on my other jeeps but I wanted to try the Mile Marker hydraulic. on this one.Man it works great. I have limited slip in this one.someday maybe some air lockers:D

No, I still have one, a Cherokee. After my daughter was born and my wife, now ex-wife, was not working I needed a new family type car that had AC and I'd kill myself before buying a Mini-Van. I traded in my old CJ and got my Cherokee. Next summer I'll probably get another CJ or get a YJ Wrangler.

Test.

Thanks man, since I moved to the Charlotte area I don't get up in the mountains as much as I did when I lived in Asheville. I still get up there but just not as often. That pic was taken off the Blue Ridge parkway near Mt. Pisgah in pisgah national forest. The light kit is a Carr roto bar with 5 - 6x9 100w KC quartz halogen lights. 33x12.5x15 bfg mud terraines, 3" body lift, plus a ton more I wont even get into, it's a 90 but only has 64,000 original miles on it. I love Jeeps, I have had it ten years now. Well make sure you post some pics of that new body after its first bash session. :D

Matts, no problem I would paint one for ya, it\'s easier though if you just send $$$ and I will pick up the body here, and then there is only shipping costs one way, it cost $6 to send a body via USPS, so you can save $6 right off the bat.. You can ask Divine and RGFarm about me and my work, I would never take advantage of anyone or give ya a body I would not put on my own maxx. When your ready just let me know. What body and what colors, but ya gotta have patience, a body like that takes alot of work and I won\'t rush it. Not to mention all RGFarm had to do was drop it on and put in the clips, it was rtr (no pun intended) air holes, access holes to refuel without removing the body, all trimmed and post holes drilled. You won\'t have to do a thing, but BASH it!

OH Yeah If you can trust anyone to paint ya a body and to do a great job its Joe.:banana: I told ya dude when the guys on the fourm seen this you was gunna be a Highy sought after painter.

Matts you hit it right on the head ArtWork indeed!!!!!!!!

I also posted pics on the other site too. and left ya some rave reviews in the Trader feedback fourm.

El Pirata dude I here that about the mini van:wtf: The wife wants a Cherokee Heck maybe if I bought her one I would get to drive my TJ to work? The only thing is she'd want it alll lifted and all the goodies to.Heck I'd have to get two jobs just for the jeeps.:wtf:

Originally posted by matts6887
Geez!!!.......NICE JOB!!! NC; I only wish I could even paint that well; I couldnt do that if I tried.... as for a sure thing; I stink at drawing. Man; it looks like if u did that as a seond job or something u might be able to make not too badly :)

Originally posted by matts6887
NC; that is a SWEEEETTT looking painjob!!! unbelievable!!! Man.....I've thought I've seen sweet bodies ar hs around here and rc mags and whatnot; But geez!! the ones I have seen are nowhere even close to what u have done with that jeep body; That is definately a piece of ARTWORK if I ever saw it; and to me I would almost be afraid to get it all messed up because its too nice of a job; that looks like it must taken forever to do it!! GOOD JOB!!! btw......if I ever got another body; do u think u might be able to do one; no matter what the $ if I sent it to ya and just kinda gave a idea as to what colors I wanted on it? I know a paint job like that can't be cheap.....but it would be worth it......
So, just wondering, how many times are you going to tell him it's a great looking paintjob and how you wish you could paint? In the same thread no less!

NC, Didn't I see a smaller version of that Jeep before? You need to get a picture of both the T version and the 1:1 version side by side!!

It's not looking too good for Monday dude:mad:

RG Farm, I think you got a great truck!!

Last edited: