Jato Update - Rear Roll Bar!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just continuing on this thread:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77369

I think I got my jato roll bar finished! YAY!!! Hopefully no more busted rear towers for me! I used 1/4" round bar to make it. Tried 5/16", but it proved too thick to get the bends right with the tools I have. I couldn't get proper clearance for the body to fit. Hopefully the 1/4" is stout enough to hold up. If not, I do have a buddy that has a welder... could add a gusset here and there.

2009-1231-JatoRollBarExhaustSide.jpg

2009-1231-JatoRollBarRear.jpg

2009-1231-JatoRollBarTop.jpg

2009-1231-JatoRollBarUpExhaustSide.jpg

And for any doubters, the body fits still in stock form:
2009-1231-JatoRollBarBodyOn.jpg

I always get stuff done when I'm off for Christmas! Last year was a savage build up. The year before, a center->front aftershock skid plate. Hopefully next year will find me with a revo again to use my new receiver with!

Last edited:
Came out pretty good Olds, you gotta be safe now.

Apparently you forget...
FRANKENMAXX!!!
2004-0401-21MaxxInTheBag.jpg

FRANKENEVO!!!
2006-0722-RevoHalfBodyRollBar.jpg

FRANKENAGE!!!
2006-0722-SavageSH28SideBody.jpg

Kind of was a general theme with me for quite some time. The aftershock broke me of that and since, I've been trying to keep my roll bars and the back of the body. ;)

Ahhh. I wasn't thinking in terms of trend, more of the ability to make something work.

So since it has a complete body does it qualify as a Frankenjato?

Nah, don't think so. Has to have a body that looks like it's half missing... or is half missing.

Someone called my maxx a "frankenmaxx" once. I henceforth became the "half body" guy.

Hopefully, it works at prolonging my rear shock tower life. If not, it was a wasted 3 hours of my life.

Back