jato check valve

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moe7404

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i just put a O.S. 21tm engine in my jato. so i thought at the same time, i put a check valve in the pressure line, from the exhaust pipe to the fuel tank. so i put a check valve near the ex pipe. a sullivan s756. then i put a air bleed in the same line near the fuel tank, to even out the pluses. by useing a "T" fitting. i covered one end with jb weld, then drilled it with a .040 drill. i havent ran it much, but it screams. i dont know how much help the check valve is, but i screams. oh did i mention it screams. NOTE: iam NOT recomending this to you. if you do this, you are on your own.

you went from a 3.3 to a .21 in a JATO, it will scream. If you take the check valve out, it will scream. Oh did i mention it will scream? :)

TO: alien. when i went to high school, before you were born, a motor ONLY used electricity. an engine used a liquid ONLY. now i dont know who or how these definitions changed, but there is a reason to have them the way i say. i will NOT discus this any more.

Yea, but I assume you went to school in Kansas. everywhere else we used the dictionary, which is where that definition came from.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/motor

Looks like we need to have a talk with a few companies:
Ford Engine Company rather than Ford Motor Company, poor Henry Ford.
General Engines, rather than General Motors
Harley-Davidson Enginecycle. Not quite the same ring as Motorcycle, is it.
DeLorean Engine Company, rather than DeLorean Motor Company

Motor is the general word to describe something that generates power.

Here's from a dictionary printed in copy-written in 1979
7e96aaba.jpg

423ad42c.jpg

youll see that no 2 says " an ENGINE" ESPECIALLY a gasoline..... that backs up what i said. years ago i worked in a trencher experimental shop, an engineer and i was talking about how things are named. he said that a company can name things how ever they want. ie one company can call a 6
' pipe a nipple. the next co. will call a 8" pipe a nipple.
'

youll see that no 2 says " an ENGINE" ESPECIALLY a gasoline..... that backs up what i said.

Yes, within the definition of a MOTOR.

Ok, how about this:
Soda or pop?
Fountain or bubbler?

Different people use different terms. I use motor as a general term for something that propels something else mechanically. I know an electric motor is a motor, but a gasoline/diesel engine is a motor also, only in a looser term.

I say Soda based solely on the fact that I don't like the sound of "pop". For some reason it sounds ghetto to me. I actually grew up with "pop" though. I think pop is more northern while soda tends to be more common i'm the south. I heard that somewhere.

Sent from my DROIDX

I say Soda based solely on the fact that I don't like the sound of "pop". For some reason it sounds ghetto to me. I actually grew up with "pop" though. I think pop is more northern while soda tends to be more common i'm the south. I heard that somewhere.

Sent from my DROIDX

It's actually a split up here, though most people I know say soda.

ok now that school is over
lets see some pics of the jato and maybe a video

you know i dont like you referring to my schooling. i NEVER talk about some ones schooling. i thought this site had people that was above that sort of thing. but i guess not. so from now on you are on my "will NOT read list" just cause iam old doesn't give the right to pick on me.

Lol, all that and NOW you get offended? Feel free to add me to your ignore list, doesn't bother me. Not my problem if you have no sense of humor, I pick on others even worse and they get by. For that matter they sling it back.

how did this all start in this thread??? i thought this thread was about a screamin jato... i thought I was gonna see some insane pics or vid... I am lazy when it comes to pronouncing words so to me a motor is a motor unless I feel like saying engine at the time. I think it depends on where you grew up, on how you say certain things and pronounce things different... I am from main so your driveway is a dooryard to me....u call it a potato or a patato... I say spud.... I could go on all night like this.. definetly nuttin to ditch a person over I dont think.,

how did this all start in this thread??? i thought this thread was about a screamin jato... i thought I was gonna see some insane pics or vid... I am lazy when it comes to pronouncing words so to me a motor is a motor unless I feel like saying engine at the time. I think it depends on where you grew up, on how you say certain things and pronounce things different... I am from main so your driveway is a dooryard to me....u call it a potato or a patato... I say spud.... I could go on all night like this.. definetly nuttin to ditch a person over I dont think.,

Moe attacked my signature, otherwise this wouldn't have happened. So yea, he derailed his thread.

ah ha i dont want anyone to get mad at me but not something to really go off on someone for.. and children dont make me turn this car around....l.o.l. so now about the jato lets see her..

ah ha i dont want anyone to get mad at me but not something to really go off on someone for.. and children dont make me turn this car around....l.o.l. so now about the jato lets see her..

Yep, still waiting for those pics!

Back