Jato bodies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jato46347

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am wanting to do a truck body for my jato but I am not sure what will fit nice. If any of you have made something like this work please let me know. Thanks

I've never owned 1 but I would say look into a slipstream or crowdpleaser type body for something like a Rustler. They are a comparable rig as far as size goes. Proline or J Concepts should have a few for the Jato. Have you tried Ebay yet?

I have found some of the crowd pleaser bodies. But I would like to find more of a regular or classic truck body. Like an
F-150 or a f-350. I know those bodies are more for the tmaxx and savage but I was wondering of any body has made something like that work. I seen that pro-line has a 1970 Chevy style truck body. It looks like it might work but I'm not sure

Part of the hobby is thinking outside the box and modding something to something else. I used the 70's chevy for a stampede and fit it on my ax10:
DSCF8525.gif

While not meant for a rock crawler I did some slight mods to it and poof!!

Yea you are right I agree. I was just trying to get a rough idea of what would work. I would hate to go buy a lid and really have to chop it up to make it work.

A guy that comes into my lhs has a Silverado body on his Jato, I think he just used one from a Stampede and modded it to work. I'm not sure when I'll see him again bit when I do I'll ask him.

Cool thank you. Yea I was looking at the wheel base for the stampede and it looks like I might be able to use that lid with minimal trimming.