JATO Trans case

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDRIDER56

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Crawling
I recently picked up a project build Jato on the cheap, I did get it running still needs work. I noticed the transmission case has stripped out threads and the top section that secures the shock tower has snapped off and who knows where it is. That being said I am assuming this is a problematic issue with the Jato. Can anyone recommend a aluminum case that will fix this? I've looked at a few online, not sure if they're compatible since they don't have a chart showing what they all fit. Any help is greatly appreciated attached are a few pictures of the busted parts.

20240113_123404.jpg

20240113_123328.jpg

20240110_045905.jpg

There's a guy or two on here looking for them. New era is the brand I believe. Be prepared to pay near 200 if you can find one. Discontinued and rare.

Welcome to the absolutely stupidest shock tower mounting design in the RC world. The same thing happened to mine.

Welcome to the absolutely stupidest shock tower mounting design in the RC world. The same thing happened to mine.
Job security at its finest.

I recently picked up a project build Jato on the cheap, I did get it running still needs work. I noticed the transmission case has stripped out threads and the top section that secures the shock tower has snapped off and who knows where it is. That being said I am assuming this is a problematic issue with the Jato. Can anyone recommend a aluminum case that will fix this? I've looked at a few online, not sure if they're compatible since they don't have a chart showing what they all fit. Any help is greatly appreciated attached are a few pictures of the busted parts.

View attachment 179142

View attachment 179143

View attachment 179144
It looks like those ears for the camber links would let you fab a braket out of aluminum angle, which you could attach to the rear side and then mount the shock tower on it.

Is it possible to switch a 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel or us it even worth trying?

Integy is who made them, and despite many people requesting them, refuse to make more. I was told "nobody has Jatos anymore". Utterly tone deaf, as Jatos are still widely popular in drag racing.

I've spent about 3 years looking for them and managed to get 3 over that time. The first one I got I spent around 100 dollars. The next 2 were over 200. I'm no longer in the market, all my cars that needed it have them now.

They were a great product, one thing Integy did as good, or better than anyone were their alloy trans cases.

The last two I got were from this eBay store. There was another one listed last week or so, but it's gone now. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?ite...d=p4429486.m3561.l170197&_ssn=old_rc_parts_68

I have contacted Integy myself requesting they bring back the Jato trans housing. It's like talking to someone from the movie 'Idiocracy'.

Integy is who made them, and despite many people requesting them, refuse to make more. I was told "nobody has Jatos anymore". Utterly tone deaf, as Jatos are still widely popular in drag racing.

I've spent about 3 years looking for them and managed to get 3 over that time. The first one I got I spent around 100 dollars. The next 2 were over 200. I'm no longer in the market, all my cars that needed it have them now.

They were a great product, one thing Integy did as good, or better than anyone were their alloy trans cases.

The last two I got were from this eBay store. There was another one listed last week or so, but it's gone now. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?ite...d=p4429486.m3561.l170197&_ssn=old_rc_parts_68
Thanks for the info, so is it worth taking a two wheel drive to 4x4

Thanks for the info, so is it worth taking a two wheel drive to 4x4
If you plan on using the 2 speed jato trans then no. With the design of the trans and how the motor sits there really isn't an easy way to get the power to the front wheels.

If you plan on using the 2 speed jato trans then no. With the design of the trans and how the motor sits there really isn't an easy way to get the power to the front wheels.
That's why I was asking, there doesn't look like there's an easy way to do it without some major changing, it would most likely be cheaper in the long run to just get a new 4x4? What good off road tires can you recommend? The replacement ones I got for my Revo suck, I had problems trying to drive on the carpet in the house

That's why I was asking, there doesn't look like there's an easy way to do it without some major changing, it would most likely be cheaper in the long run to just get a new 4x4? What good off road tires can you recommend? The replacement ones I got for my Revo suck, I had problems trying to drive on the carpet in the house
All my cars have belted tires. Arrma hoons are decent otherwise proline.

Back