Jato 2.5 getting very hot!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayden93

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So I got this jatooffcraigslist abouta month ago and every thing was great, good compression and all the other things you look for when buying a used nitro. Every thing was running great up until I switched out the spur gear frpm a stock 54 t to a 58 t and I messed with the tuning abit, now it runs well but gets very hot I've seen it reach temps of 400f + just before it cuts out. Now its deffinitly not to lean,if anything its to rich I have it set at 4 turns out. For example starts right up when cold and idlesgreat, once it reaches 230f it idles higher and jusr keeps increasing the temp until it shuts off. I'm lost....HELP!!!!

If it has reached 400+ F a few times, its now time to get another engine.

You messed with the tuning a bit? What exactly do you mean? When in doubt, put your needles back to stock settings and go from there.

Prob an air leak. I had a buddy bring me his 2.5, it was doing the same thing. Pulled the engine cleaned and sealed it still same thing. Could not figure it out for awhile ended up being a bad front bearing causing an air leak. Air leaks will make a nitro mill un tunable. Hope this helps.

400 F is certain death for a nitro.

Back