Jamara Dakar Desert Buggy 1:10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ambis

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello friends.I just brought Jamra Dakar Desert Buggy,and we went to the park yesterday to try it,It was awesome.Just need some advice about battery,it lasted about 15 min.This one is Brushed version,Venti 550 i think.Not so fast as BL vesrsion i watched on youtube but its good.And come with NiMh 2000 mAh.Which battery i can use with this car.Does anyone have some suggestion?Thx in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20191228_145036.jpg
    IMG_20191228_145036.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20191228_145043.jpg
    IMG_20191228_145043.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_20191228_145050.jpg
    IMG_20191228_145050.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20191228_145058.jpg
    IMG_20191228_145058.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20191228_145106.jpg
    IMG_20191228_145106.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20191228_150638.jpg
    IMG_20191228_150638.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_20191228_150342.jpg
    IMG_20191228_150342.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Your dealing with a brushed motor so you should keep your run times down due to heat and brush wear you have other things also wearing in that motor (com) you also have a Tamiya battery plug.. that a lower current battery connector..so how are your soldering skills? id change that connector to a XT90 my fav con.. ok if you are planning on going to a 2 cell lipo. your gonna need some things a lipo charger a power supply unless you chosen charger has a built in 1 a lipo charging bag(fire proof) not really but will give you a few seconds to get a lipo that has a issue outa the house..let me know and Ill be Happy to point you towards the things you will need and scar you also in the process.

Thanks for answering.As far a soldering i have done it before,but i'm not professional.So you think i should change that connector,i didn't understand very well,you think it's bad connector(low current battery connector)?If i understood if i want to use 3 cell LiPo i need to change connector?Sorry for too many questions :D
But i can use 2 cell with this connector?Now to charger i don't have LiPo charger but i found one at store where i bought a car.Some EMAX don't know anything about it.Seller say just to balance well.I will buy'it after the holidays.

One more question if i ever want to replace the motor to Brushless,what i need?So Brushless motor,brushless controller ,maybe gear?

I would not run a 3 cell lipo in that truck.. reason I have no idea how that truck is made and I know 3 cell puts major amounts of stress on all moving parts.. Id stick to 2 cells and Id change that Tamiya connector today.. Deans are also a good connector to go with . I used the ultra deans because they had little ridges to help you unplug them.. its called the Deans Xt plug if I remember correct..I know I am a very good soldier I've been doing it since 1970's and I have acquired certain skills … I like a hot iron with good added flux...

I would not run a 3 cell lipo in that truck.. reason I have no idea how that truck is made and I know 3 cell puts major amounts of stress on all moving parts.. Id stick to 2 cells and Id change that Tamiya connector today.. Deans are also a good connector to go with . I used the ultra deans because they had little ridges to help you unplug them.. its called the Deans Xt plug if I remember correct..I know I am a very good soldier I've been doing it since 1970's and I have acquired certain skills … I like a hot iron with good added flux...
Sorry for delay with message. OK thx for everything. I found XT60 and XT90, also found Deans connector . I also found a battery some gensacearespammers Lipo 7.4 v 4000 mah 25C, this battery already has a Deans connector on it.

I would go with a XT connector reason being they are easier to solder. XT60 connector is good to 60amps so it's fine for your use. XT90 is a larger connector and easier to solder if you have to deal with 10awg wire (like on some batteries). Deans are fine also you will more than likely only have have to solder on one connector the esc connector. Batteries with deans are pretty easy to come by but you can find some with XT60 as well so that's your call.

Brushless combos especially the cheaper ones (Goolrc, Racerstar etc.) will come already with deans connectors should you decide to go a cheap brushless route. Running a lipo vs the 7.2v nimh you may have a greater chance of burning up the sock motor. If you want more speed go brushless if you just want longer run times just get a higher capacity nimh battery. Either way try to keep the motor below 160F.

I would go with a XT connector reason being they are easier to solder. XT60 connector is good to 60amps so it's fine for your use. XT90 is a larger connector and easier to solder if you have to deal with 10awg wire (like on some batteries). Deans are fine also you will more than likely only have have to solder on one connector the esc connector. Batteries with deans are pretty easy to come by but you can find some with XT60 as well so that's your call.

Brushless combos especially the cheaper ones (Goolrc, Racerstar etc.) will come already with deans connectors should you decide to go a cheap brushless route. Running a lipo vs the 7.2v nimh you may have a greater chance of burning up the sock motor. If you want more speed go brushless if you just want longer run times just get a higher capacity nimh battery. Either way try to keep the motor below 160F.
Thanks for the tips. I think i will use XT60,and I'm planing to install Brushless motor.I will post pictures of the motor i found.

I don't have much choice.This one is the best they have in store.Some Turnigy TrackStar waterproof 1/10 Brushless power system 4000 kv/80A.

Attachments

• tringy.jpg
    tringy.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 1_ecb80fa467c9d8509a50779d43f8fe23(3).jpg
    1_ecb80fa467c9d8509a50779d43f8fe23(3).jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 1_ecb80fa467c9d8509a50779d43f8fe23(2).jpg
    1_ecb80fa467c9d8509a50779d43f8fe23(2).jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 91
I don't have much choice.This one is the best they have in store.Some Turnigy TrackStar waterproof 1/10 Brushless power system 4000 kv/80A.

Is this from Hobbyking? Where are you located?

On 2s this combo should be fine it should be significantly faster than the brushed motor.

Is this from Hobbyking? Where are you located?

On 2s this combo should be fine it should be significantly faster than the brushed motor.
Don't know I'm new to this hobby ? I'm from Serbia, little town in Serbia.

Don't know I'm new to this hobby ? I'm from Serbia, little town in Serbia.

Ok just asking because the combo and brand you show is sold mainly by Hobbyking.com https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-trackstar-waterproof-1-10-brushless-power-system-4000kv-80a.html

There are online places where you can source things (like Hobbyking) but I am not familiar with ones that will ship to you. I mean you could get a combo like this https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-....html?rmmds=search&ID=521372&cur_warehouse=CN

Ok just asking because the combo and brand you show is sold mainly by Hobbyking.com https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-trackstar-waterproof-1-10-brushless-power-system-4000kv-80a.html

There are online places where you can source things (like Hobbyking) but I am not familiar with ones that will ship to you. I mean you could get a combo like this https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-....html?rmmds=search&ID=521372&cur_warehouse=CN
I have this Banggod app in my phone, but never order anything from it. I think it can be shipped to my country. Thx I didn't know i could order parts from Banggod.

And it's costs much less, at half the price.

I have this Banggod app in my phone, but never order anything from it. I think it can be shipped to my country. Thx I didn't know i could order parts from Banggod.

I have ordered some stuff from their US and China warehouse and yeah they sell rc car parts and accessories. Forgot to add if you get that combo you are going to want to get the program card also no way to change settings on those escs without one https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-...-p-1057127.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

Back