It Arrived! Kyosho Fazer MK2 with '57 Chevy Body!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Wrench

My last words will likely be, Crap that didn't wo
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Just arrived, two days earlier than it was supposed to (thanks A-Main!)

Battery is on the charger, but I really like the way this looks and feels! Can't wait to get it out!
20230205_121931.jpg
20230205_122127.jpg
20230205_122916.jpg
20230205_122922.jpg
20230205_123653.jpg
20230205_123700.jpg

She's purdy man! Just so you know, if you buy Kyosho stuff, Tower has discount coupons that are good for 25% off all Kyosho, Tamiya, Tekno, and lots of other brand stuff.
Screenshot_20230205-125122_Chrome.jpg

Oh man, you had to show me coupons!

Those pics are better than the ones Amain has on their site. That is a good lookin car!

Wow, that is faster than I thought they were. It sounds smooth too!

Always a happy time, isn’t it? I mean, one’s (successful) first fun with a brand new RC. I liked the video too.

Yep. Thought so. Managed to get stop action on your vid at 0:07/1:55. Took me a handful of tries. Your '57 carries 'fuelie' badging. Not a lot of '57s made with fuel injection and you've got one. :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

Great vid. Thanks. How was tire wear after that first session? Have loads of fun. Cheers. 'AC'

Yep. Thought so. Managed to get stop action on your vid at 0:07/1:55. Took me a handful of tries. Your '57 carries 'fuelie' badging. Not a lot of '57s made with fuel injection and you've got one. :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

Great vid. Thanks. How was tire wear after that first session? Have loads of fun. Cheers. 'AC'
I would imagine that was Chevy sending Kyosho the preferred version of the car designs to model up. Which is one thing I like about Kyosho... like Tamiya, they tend to stay true to the original designs very closely. It's a beautiful body, and it's crazy that it's Lexan.

Apologies AC, meant to respond earlier. You are right, not many of those "Heavy Chevy's" had fuel injection and to hear my Dad, they tended to have some issues as well.

As for the tire wear, minimal if any. These seem to be a harder compound, which is why I think it had a tendency to spin out and slide pretty easily. Of course, it was mid-to-high fortys temp wise that day, so that may have played a part. When I get it out on a warmer day and/or run it longer, I'll be sure to let you know.

Well, GRRRRR! Was out running the Heavy Chevy and noticed some odd noises. Thought the mesh was off, checked and all was well.

Off some more, ripping up and down the street. Battery started to run out so brought it in.

Noticed some black marks around the rear wheel wells then...A HA! Tires had been rubbing.

Now I wonder why then it dawns on me. I thought I'd be cool and put the extended offsets on it! Well, that was a mistake! 🤬
20230212_144020.jpg
20230212_144032.jpg
20230212_144038.jpg
20230212_144045.jpg

OK, so thanks to WF and his post about the coupons I ordered one up. My buddy in high school had one exactly like this only in all black. Fuel-Injection and all.

OK this was definitely cool
Newbie question - Does this have aftermarket support to make upgrades as time goes on? I'm learning the ropes with a FMS FCX24 K5 Blazer, upgrading and testing random components (spending money on bling) and a faster car to do the same just seems like a good idea all around. I'll take suggestions for other platforms.
The street capability is great but my lodge has a large space with hardwood floors I'd like to exploit

Back