Is verizon DSL an ISP?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRIDGE

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
sorry to make a new thread in here about the same topic but the other thread is pretty much dead. i just need to ask really quivck if DSL allows me to surf the web and all that junk? i mean like after i cancel AOL which is what i use to get around the net does verizon give something in the plan? thanks again guys.. and yes i am planning on dumping AOL but if DSL dosen't give me web service what do i use that will keep the bills low?

thanks NJRC,
can i have one of tha "brotha man" MODS lock this thread up for me.. i looked back @ my old thread and saw rolex already answered that question, i kinda panikced (sp?) after i got off the phone because i couldnt remember what the DSL page said.

It will provide you with everything. It's your access to the web, plus they provide you with mailboxes.

Don't MAKE me tell you this again, but DUMP AOL !!!
Thank you for your time.......Next

LOL rolex you make me LOL alot..thanks... i can't wait till my stuff gets here!!

Rolex i hope you know this one, i have AIM and and MSN messenger when i turn my aol off can i keep those accounts(since i will be changing email accounts? the AIM uses my current AOL name but wiht a differnt password... that means i can keep it right?

I dropped Comcast cable for DSL, and I'm much happier with it. My modem was here 2 days after the order.
It came with a disc to install, and after failing to establish an internet connection after 5 uninstalls and reinstalls, I finally called for tech support.
The told me I didn't need the disc unless I installed through the USB, yet there were 2 types of installs on the disc. One for USB and one for Ethernet.
Well, I was on the phone for 2 hours with tech support before it was working.
So, just in case you have a problem, call tech support and save yourself a lot of time and aggrevation.
Oh, and by the way, just in case I forgot to mention it, DUMP AOL

As far as AIM and MSN, at best you probably just have to set them up as favorites but you can still use your same passwords. You won't lose anything.
The only thing you lose is mail from AOL that you haven't opened yet. Once it's in your comp, it's part of Outlook Express or whatever you use. You will also be able to import your address book for Email addys, plus favorites for web surfing. Just a few clicks here and there and you're done. Pretty painless. The only thing that's painful is having aol rip you off.

Last edited:
even AIM? i need to talk to mi familia!!

ohh yea Ethernet is the one they use to link pc's right? the same one my bro used to copy all my napster stuff to his laptop?

how much are routers so that i can like run one to my PC and one to my ps2 and one to my XBOX?

I have 3 computers connected here through a router. It was $89 a few years ago, but you can find some pretty wicked deals if you look around.
You might also look into a 'hub' pretty much the same thing, but a lot cheaper.

i just checked verizon.com they say a wireless router wiht a 1 year agreement and I'm sure my ma took that.

Back