Is this enough paint or more?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You keep spraying until you are happy with it bud. I don't think you will get an accurate answer from a video.

Silver is going to take a few coats to cover. I have yet to see a colour, except black, that lets no light through. If you disagree, then another light to medium coat won't hurt. If it looks close in "texture", then do your "backer" coat, usually black. The silver will really pop once the backer is done. My usual philosophy is to use as little paint as possible to get my colour, and finish with a light final backer colour.
I learn a lesson with every body I have ever done. (30-40?)
My worst so far is a 1941 Willy Street Rod, in candy purple. It's a little light in some areas. I used a silver as a backer, followed by black as final. The silver pokes thru a little on the roof. Still love it to death, though.

Back it with some regular black paint. Or since you used a metallic black, you can go with a silver backing. But any really light spots will be lightened by a silver backing. So I would get another coat of black on it. But you might not even see the light areas on it once on the car.

Hold it up to light or the sun, lookong through the body. If I see light, I shoot.

Look for bright spots, clear spots, and splatters in corners that dont cover the entire area.

Now that I’ve mostly painted the body can I use store paint or no?
Store paint flakes off. Polycarbonate paint sticks and is flexable whereas store paint lacks flexability. It will work in the beginning, but with time it will flake off.

Being on the inside, those paint flakes will probably land on your chassis.

If it was a crawler body and on the outside I would say go for it.

Store paint flakes off. Polycarbonate paint sticks and is flexable whereas store paint lacks flexability. It will work in the beginning, but with time it will flake off.

Being on the inside, those paint flakes will probably land on your chassis.

If it was a crawler body and on the outside I would say go for it.
Ok I was just wonder I’ll just pickup some taymia paint