is this engine running rich, or just dying?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmd

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have a problem with my car. it would start fine, but i seems like it want to move forward for a couple of second after i every start. seconds after it wants to move forward, it stops and normal again. also i have to press the throttle slowly, otherwise it would die, my friend told me that this is running rich which is safe, but i dont see a lot of smoke at WOT, just some smoke. is this normal? thanks. btw, i have RS4 RTR3, with .15FE engine in it. thanks

sounds to me it is running lean, not rich. also, you could have a bad clutch, might want to remove it and inspect the springs for wear.

but the car never get hot. also i saw fuel coming out of the exhaust. the clutch is brand new:(

First ..Have you set it to factory before running it again? I talked to NA about this Mill before and I found out my problem was the ISS (Idle Set Screw) . You also may be having an issue with the carb opening . Close the HSN but be careful as overtightening it can result in torn O-rings. when you close it then bring it out 3 1/2 turns. I know the manual says 3 but try this first. Then put your throttle trim setting on your radio to the middle. From here I hope NA or someone can take over cuz it gets a little hazy sorry

There is only ONE NEEDLE. Try out what I said. As you can play with the ISS all you want and still have the problem . I experienced the EXACT same problem. I was trying to keep the engine running by using my throttle trim. TRY OUT WHAT I SAID.

Back