Is there any other spur gears that fit the traxxas 2wds?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I use stock Traxxas spurs currently. Just listed my steel ones which I don't use anymore due to racing.
Is there any other brand spur gears that fit the 2wds? Does the 4x4 Spur gears fit the 2wd and the slipper plate?
Mostly have 90T and 86T spur gears. Going to get a a 83T and a 76T. And if there is any gears that are below 76T?
Oh, forgot, all of the 4x4s are 32 pitch correct? I only use 48P as I have only 48P pinions to match, for now.

I have an STRC (ST3793AE) layshaft in my Ruster and Stampede with original 272 trannsmissions the lets me us the AE clutch and spur gear assemblies they used from the B4 to original B6 and everything in between, but I see STRC has now discontinued the part I'm using. That exotek 2209 Krakentuned mentioned with a magnum trans is probably my future goto setup.

If you switch to a Proline top shaft and slipper plates it opens up a lot of possibilities. Besides Proline spur gears, Associated and Axial gears will fit it as well. I'm assuming this isn't a HD tranny.

I use stock Traxxas spurs currently. Just listed my steel ones which I don't use anymore due to racing.
Is there any other brand spur gears that fit the 2wds? Does the 4x4 Spur gears fit the 2wd and the slipper plate?
Mostly have 90T and 86T spur gears. Going to get a a 83T and a 76T. And if there is any gears that are below 76T?
Oh, forgot, all of the 4x4s are 32 pitch correct? I only use 48P as I have only 48P pinions to match, for now.
yes traxxas 4x4 spurs fit no problem
the slipper clutch ones though

Back