Is the Hitec 645MG strong enough for a single servo conversion?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FUBAR

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I got a Hitec 645MG servo on Ebay at great price. I've read conflicting opinions on this servo, some have said it has enough power to convert to a single servo and others say no. What do you guys think?

Thanks

I think it is more than enough to convert to a single servo. I ran it on my revo before I got rid of it and it was plenty of torque. It turned on a dime.

IMO it's a little slow for a lower torque servo.

I think the consensus for racing is if you are running lower torque (under 150) you need the speed. Higher torque servos can use the extra throw to compensate for speed.

But if you are simply bashing then it's fine and wheel turn most wheels wih ease

It works fine for bashing. I'd like a little more power and a little more speed though than it offers on my revo and savage. I use it for steering on my revo (single), buggy and savage.

I"m with these guys, the 645 s a descent bashing servo. When I got my lsp I put my airtronics 94358 servo in my truck and put a 645 in my buggy. I hated it it from day one. It was soooooo slow compared to what I was used to. If you got it for a good price then by all means use it! If your going to race against a really competive group, I would look to go with something faster/stronger.

I would like to use my Revo for racing, so this wouldn't be suitable then right? What do you recommend as a servo? 945mg? or maybe a digi servo with like 250oz of torque? Money really isn't a factor but I'm not growing it either. lol Damn I wish I had a money tree!

The 945mg is a pretty good servo, but for a few more bucks you can get a much faster/stronger. I'm going to suggest the airtronics 94358, its about $100 and its got 200oz @ .10 sec. Some will suggest a JR servo I'm not sure of the model number though. If you want to stick with hitec they have a line that is above the 945 and they are very impressive, and similar price to the airtonics I mentioned above.

I am currently running the Hitec 5998 in my Truggy as the steering servo. Quick and strong. I think some where like 250 oz. Don't quote me on that number though I am having a hard time remembering for sure..... I know it is close though. I got that servo for just over $100 bucks... It was my first digitial servo and I like it alot so far. Just my :2cents:

Tom

godale03 said:
I am currently running the Hitec 5998 in my Truggy as the steering servo. Quick and strong. I think some where like 250 oz. Don't quote me on that number though I am having a hard time remembering for sure..... I know it is close though. I got that servo for just over $100 bucks... It was my first digitial servo and I like it alot so far. Just my :2cents:

Tom

Your not lieing:Hitec 5998
Torque: @ 4.8volts - 200 oz (14 kg) @ 6.0volts - 250 oz_ (18 kg)
Speed: @ 4.8volts - 0.23SEC @ 6.0volts - 0.19SEC
Size: 1.6"x0.8"x1.4" (40x20x37mm)
Weight: 2.18 oz. (62 g)