Is my T-maxx running too hot

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I.W.A.M.F.W.

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Today I noticed the heat shield tubing from the engine to the exhaust is melting on the header.
I've been working on tunning the engine recently b/c I think it is running to lean. I took someones advised and did 4 turns on the HSN and a flush LSN.

It ran great but it was smoking when I pulled it in. Plus I have water in the tires and its pissing me off

Great warm weather today in Houston TX>

I'm working on attaching a video but youtube is giving me problems
THanks

Attachments

• P1170584.jpg
    P1170584.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 80
Get a temp gun. They are cheap. If you can afford a $400 truck, you can afford a $20 temp gun to help tune it. They help serve as a great guide as to what your engine is doing inside. Smoke, sound, temps and performance are your map to tuning.

As for the water issue, drill holes in your tires. Doing so will allow centrifugal force to fling the water out when you hit higher speeds. I started doing it years ago and never regret it as I run in snow/mud frequently and water always gets in the tires. I even do it on my buggy and jato. Not just my MT's.

I put a 7/64" bit in my dremel on a moderate speed and gently press it into the tire and let it burn/chew a hole in the rubber. Makes a nice clean edged hole that isn't prone to ripping. Haven't had one tear yet in quite a few years. I put 4 holes in the centerline of the tire at 12, 3, 6, 9 (like a clock). You could probably get away with two, but you should have them directly across from each other.

That manifold pipe is the hottest spot on the car. NOT a good thing to be leaning a fuel line on. If it's close, it shouldn't be a problem, but you need to adjust it so it doesn't touch the pipe.

To add to the water issue, use a leather punch. Its a great way because you would not have any tears just a clean hole.

Back