Is it spring yet?? My north east friends

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mtx1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So i live in the north east and boy has it been cold over the past 3 months. Having a day over freezing is a great day. I think there has only been a hand full of 40 or more deg days and looks like the next few days will bring some 40 deg days. I bring this up just based on me being able to get my maxx and my sc10gt out there for a few tanks. Anyone charging up batteries, buying fuel or just going over there rc for some test tanks ? I have my my trucks set for low to mid 30 deg day driving i MIGHT have to lean my low/high speed but i doubt it lol. I think sat there calling for like 42 deg for upstate ny i know my sc10gt likes to run stock settings on the low end for temps from 40-45 . Right now i tend to think my high end on both rc's are fine just the sc10gt the low end is TAD rich then those stock settings i just talked about so i might have to lean it back to stock settings . I know i am charging up my batteries Fri and my fuel is all fresh and i think i am pretty much ready to go. I been getting in a tank any day its been over freezing this season.

We skipped winter here in Southern Cal, I think the coldest we got is maybe a day or 2 in the hi 40s the rest of the time its been between 60 and 82 here. I kind of wish we had some cold temps here to prevent me from drivin my trucks, it might save me some money from breaking things. Right now I have a TMaxx 3.3 with a clutch that exploded, (yesterday) a rustler vxl with a blown trans gear, (yesterday) and a Revo waiting on a new Picco Max .21 coming this weekend. After yesterday, I was not going to drive my Losi 8ight T because my record was not looking so hot!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 134
We skipped winter here in Southern Cal, I think the coldest we got is maybe a day or 2 in the hi 40s the rest of the time its been between 60 and 82 here. I kind of wish we had some cold temps here to prevent me from drivin my trucks, it might save me some money from breaking things. Right now I have a TMaxx 3.3 with a clutch that exploded, (yesterday) a rustler vxl with a blown trans gear, (yesterday) and a Revo waiting on a new Picco Max .21 coming this weekend. After yesterday, I was not going to drive my Losi 8ight T because my record was not looking so hot!

You tore those gears up lol, good thing you held off lol. I guess all in all it will be worth it when i get to run my rc's in some nice weather. I did a good job not blowing up my motors well it was 32 deg or colder . Good luck with fixing up those rc's.

Lol, crazy thing was that the Maxx was just warming up, I was putting on the body while it was idleing and all of a sudden my youngest son (7 yrs) started yelling that his truck is puking parts out the bottom! Lol

Lol, crazy thing was that the Maxx was just warming up, I was putting on the body while it was idleing and all of a sudden my youngest son (7 yrs) started yelling that his truck is puking parts out the bottom! Lol

that stinks, i had my brake just mess up 3 tanks in to a brake in on a 2.5 many years back. There funny trucks i really do think there the most over rated/priced rc that is on the market. Part support there up there as the best but man you can take your 2-400.00 off the bat investment and double that. Not saying that is not close to how it is or can be for most rtr on the market but the issues people have just seam to happen out of no where with traxxas rtr. Sad but true, i say sell them off and move on well they still have a value lol.

Back