Is it possible to convert my Savage XL 5.9 to a Savage Flux?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Is it possible to convert my savage xl 5.9 to the flux? I've never been too into nitro but have loved the electrics for years. I've had more electric than nitro however I couldn't pass up the deal I came across on three nitros. Willing to work with the nitro but want a back up plan

Is it possible to convert my savage xl 5.9 to the flux? I've never been too into nitro but have loved the electrics for years. I've had more electric than nitro however I couldn't pass up the deal I came across on three nitros. Willing to work with the nitro but want a back up plan

The Flux is electric ,I think that you can change any nitro truck into electric ,however ,I never seen the savage changed into one ,but
the AE Mgt.truck adapted quite well an came out with some awesome performance!
It all depends on how well the drivetrain can handle the massive torque & power of the brushless system ,I see conversion mounts
pop up on E-bay all the time!

I will show a vid of a converted Ae Mgt. converted ,it is a friends from another forum that built it!

I added the cooling fans to the ESC. In the center of this pic you can see the mount for the electric motor.

chassis-20052-jpg.61710

I added the cooling fans to the ESC. In the center of this pic you can see the mount for the electric motor.

chassis-20052-jpg.61710
wow that savage looks mean, its kinda crazy looking back how much brushless started out as, 300$ back then for an esc but now can get similar for 150$ish, or a kit with motor for 230$. sorry sidetracked.

@Kimmie28
i did find this:
https://www.eurorc.com/product/6412/hobbypro-conversion-kit-for-hpi-savage
or maybe something like this:
https://www.rcplanet.com/rc-parts/r...NtG0jA8UjovMJzR0yE1ytWwQWfyvY7YAaAoFQEALw_wcB
only thing i dont like about those i linked is it seems to limit motor size somewhat.
have seen plenty of conversions using a piece of metal in the shape of an "L" that mounts directly where the nitro mount bolted to, though its not really engineered so structural integrity could be lacking depending how you do it.
have you possibly tried perusing the HPISavageforum.com?

I think it's where 3 or 4 knowledgeable people get together and the rest of us just tag along.:wasted:

I have a rock crawling and scale event on the 4th if I find anyone there that knows anything I'll make sure to tell them get on this forum so that at least I'll know there's one

Yeah, but we'll never know which one. Can't trust ANYONE on the internet, at least that's what I've heard from knowledgeable sources.
was that knowledgeable source on the internet though? dun dun dun.... lol

I happened to see one in person one day but he eluded me. Maybe next time