Is it ok to run RPM A arms only on the top and on the front

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbb4us

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Is it ok to run RPM A arms only on the top and on the front (another Q at the end)

As the name of the post is, I was wondering if it is ok to run RPM A arms only on the top and on the front?

Last edited:
y would u only want to run RPM a-arms on the top in the front? u shouldnt have a problem as long as the RPM a-arms are the same length as the stock a-arms. the 2.5 stock a-arms are the same length as the RPM extended a-arms. the .15 stock a-arms are the same length as the regular RPM a-arms. correct me if I'm wrong. I would actually want to run the RPM a-arms on the bottom then on the top.

later

the RPM arms are labled for 2.5 or just for t-maxx, the ones for the 2.5 are the same length and you shouldn't have a problem using them, however, why would you want to only use the top and in the front, you're going to have to buy at least 2 sets to do that, why not put them both completely on?

I'm kinda short on cash and I only broke the top on the front, so i didn't want to fix anything that wasn't broken, if the bottom breaks, I will replace them with rpm. Thanks, keep posting

I just realized that I got one set that will do one corner of the truck so i guess my question now is can I run RPM a arms on only one corner of the truck or would that mess with the handling?

should be good. umm i think olds ran with just rpm a-arms in one corner. as long as the all the a-arms are the same length u should be good to go. also make sure u adjust the chamber and stuff afterwards.

later

if you run only one corner with rpm the area where the shock mounts on the lower a-arm is probaly not the same as where it is on your stock arm. that was probaly really confusing so in other words you front left tire might not sit level with the right one.

bbtg

lhs, off rpms website, tower hobbies, almost any where. your lhs would be the easiest if they dont carry them just them order them, it saves you the shipping cost!! trust me i know.

bbtg

yea I just got the one set today. They are alot thicker than stock. and the best thing about them is if u bust em they replace them. Trust me I have a big problem with that. haha

later

they got any of those bad billys for buggies?!?!?:wtf:

maxxtrooper, I didn't run just one on one side. I had 2 different colors of RPM on the front. I'm not picky. Function over looks anyday of the week.

Originally posted by tbsleeper
where can u buy these arms??

i got a set of all 8 and both shock towers with mounting posts all rpm blue plastic

not sure what there worth if your interested then email me
[email protected] and we can talk

are they the wide maxx for the new 2.5 or the old version?

Originally posted by sbb4us
are they the wide maxx for the new 2.5 or the old version?

old version

Originally posted by TAKE/it/TO/the/MAXX

old version

Let me guess. You saw Lykan's post in the Pay it Forward thread for free RPM old Maxx arms and you wanna run them??

I know people that run RPM arms on the bottom and stock on the top and vice versa. I also know a guy that runs Upper and lower RPM arms in the front and stock Maxx arms in the rear.

It doesn matter but hardcore Maxx people will tell you that you want to run the arms "balanced'...i/e you repalce a stock arm with RPM you want to replace the exact arm on the opposite side with RPM.

I run stock rear arms on my 21 maxx now that I think about it. They are the originals and will be coming up on a year old here in a few months!

Originally posted by olds97_lss
I run stock rear arms on my 21 maxx now that I think about it. They are the originals and will be coming up on a year old here in a few months!

Good work olds. I would have expected better from you bro...lol. I couldn't even go two months without breaking the rear stock arms but Ti Hingpins make a BIG difference.

Originally posted by 30%NitroBoy

Let me guess. You saw Lykan's post in the Pay it Forward thread for free RPM old Maxx arms and you wanna run them??

I know people that run RPM arms on the bottom and stock on the top and vice versa. I also know a guy that runs Upper and lower RPM arms in the front and stock Maxx arms in the rear.

It doesn matter but hardcore Maxx people will tell you that you want to run the arms "balanced'...i/e you repalce a stock arm with RPM you want to replace the exact arm on the opposite side with RPM.

no didnt see that

i just bought hardcore a arms so i dont need the rpm anymore thats why I'm getting rid of them

nah i needed the new version but I got another set so I am running stock on the back and RPM on the front. It works fine now.

Back