Is it me or is Traxxas getting crammed down my throat?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phins Fan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
In my morning boredom I'm flipping thru the new RC Car Action and I couldnt help but notice that out of 132 pages of the magazine that Traxxas was on 33 of them. Not that I'm lookin to bash Traxxas (I own 3 Traxxas rigs and I'm pretty well happy with all of em) but what the hell?? Theres other Mfr's who produce just as good quality (If not better) but are only taking up 1 or 2 pages in the mag. This may be a useless rant but is this how Traxxas gets the noobs hooked? Saturation of the market to increase your bottomline? IDK Just thought my useless info deserved a small rant. Njoy the holiday!!

In my morning boredom I'm flipping thru the new RC Car Action and I couldnt help but notice that out of 132 pages of the magazine that Traxxas was on 33 of them. Not that I'm lookin to bash Traxxas (I own 3 Traxxas rigs and I'm pretty well happy with all of em) but what the hell?? Theres other Mfr's who produce just as good quality (If not better) but are only taking up 1 or 2 pages in the mag. This may be a useless rant but is this how Traxxas gets the noobs hooked? Saturation of the market to increase your bottomline? IDK Just thought my useless info deserved a small rant. Njoy the holiday!!

It is. In the 1:1 off-road, 1:1 drag racing, rc stores, and everywhere else. Saturation marketing. I hate it, but on a positive note, it brings new blood into the hobby, and when they realize there are better brands out there, they buy those brands too.

The nearest LHS to me has more Traxxas RC than any other brand by far. Take a 50ft rack, 40ft of it it Traxxas. The other brands make up the other 10ft. Where I race, while he has a ton of Traxxas, he has to because he runs a stock Slash class for the beginners. But the saturation percentage is much lower, because the true racers don't run Traxxas.

Traxxas is everywhere but you can't really blame them for doing whatever it takes to sell product.

How many of us, including me, had a Traxxas as our first nitro?
My hobby shop has every Traxxas model on shoulder level in a long row, and HPI and others are up on high shelves where the help has to get them down.
It surely says something about their profit margin deal with Traxass.

How many of us, including me, had a Traxxas as our first nitro?
My hobby shop has every Traxxas model on shoulder level in a long row, and HPI and others are up on high shelves where the help has to get them down.
It surely says something about their profit margin deal with Traxass.

I've actually never owned a Traxxas, and the only one I've ever bought is the Stampede that I got for my wife.

You hit the nail on the head. Getting their name out there over and over and very often brings new people in. Just like any commercial really, they try to repeat their message, name, number, whatever many many times. It's so when you go to make a purchase it's the name you remember.

It's funny you mention this though I was just thinking about a few other brands today that I hadn't heard from in ages... one such was Ofna.

Traxxas has also been the #1 innovator in the hobby. What ever you think of their products, you gotta give them that.

TMaxx the first MT.
The whole short coarse thing.
100mph out the box Holy poop!
RTR brushless r/c's
A radio that uses your Iphone wow.

You don't even need a LHS to buy them. They are on the shelves at Futrure Shop.

I own 4 Traxxas.

I started with a Kyosho VoneR kit. My first truck was a Tmaxx 4910 with an OS 18CV-R. Since then I've had a Savage, 3.3 Tmaxx, 3.3 Revo, Ofna buggies, Mugen cars, and XTM's. To this day, the best that I can depend on is the first truck I had. The Tmaxx with the .18.

My first was a Tamiya.

Hey Phins, you just noticed that? LOL, Traxxas is a marketing machine. If you watched any 1:1 motorsports you'd see that.

Honestly, I can't stand Traxxas. I have no good reason for it, other than they are everywhere.

However, what they are doing for the RC community is great. RC is becoming more and more mainstream every day, especially with short course racing. If it weren't for vehicles like the Slash and T-Maxx driving the market, many of us probably wouldn't be in the sport today. You wouldn't believe how many people I've talked to, and I'd say that I race RCs, and they tell me they have a T-Maxx in their garage. They may never use it, but they have it, and at some point will probably use it again.

Its not that I havent noticed as much as I'm paying for a subscription to "Traxxas magazine" with some other RC stuff in it. All actuality I like seeing them as sponsors for all the motorsports. I just feel that because they are a marketing empire that theres plenty of other good Mfr's/rigs that will never get bought because these other vendors dont advertise as much as Traxxas and seem to put some of that money into building a quality rig as opposed to having a rig in every type of RC imaginable

Back