Integy Piggyback MGT shocks for T-Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revo Rancher

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My favoraite LHS had a great price on a set of 8 Integy Series 4 piggyback shocks, but they only were for an MGT. I set them next to stock T-Maxx shocks and they were the same extended length as stock, and same compressed dimensions. So, I bought them, in blue anodized. They fit perfectly with no mods, just add shock oil and stock springs. I'll give a report on how it handles after I get a chance to run them this weekend. FWIW, I mainly use the T-Maxx for a show truck for my bodies I paint. My driver is my wife, and I like to mess with it once in awhile, so I am not a hardcore basher with this truck. I leave bashing for the Revo.

The LHS has two more sets, but in silver only. Price is 49.99, down from 99.99.

Call Rob's R/C Hobbies at 714-372-3777 or go to their website for an 800 number.

http://www.robsrchobbies.com/

have those on a maxx too...good shocks for racing...wouldn't jump psycho big stuff w/ em but they are nice and supple...huh huh huh uuuuh huh I said supple

That's good news. I don't bash or jump this Maxx, so supple is fine.

The Integy website gives two different part numbers for the T-Maxx vs MGT hocks, but they sure are about the same thing. It's a good deal for anyone that wants to upgrade.

Just make sure not to try any heavy jumping with it. They do work nice for driving and plundering around, but jumping high bends the shafts. Hard cartwheeling wipeouts tear them apart as well.

yea for sure. dont jump it. i was gonna get some for my savage. I'm a basher and like only 1 person said theyre good for bashing.

I had a set of MSR5s on my maxx a while ago... They were super smooth, but way too soft. I didnt want to drop more money into em with springs, so i sold em for what i bought em for and bought some UE shocks. Best choice i made.

those look nice. I might buy a set for my fiance.

It's funny that you say that, RB, about the fiance, because the T-Maxx I put them on is my wife's T-Maxx. That is why it will not be jumped or heavily bashed. We mainly use that truck as a prop for the many bodies I have painted for it. She likes the "supple" ride of the Revo so the Integy shocks being supple, according to Plaid, is a good thing.

Back