Integy Fuel Coolers for 1/8 & 1/10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you explain to me what a fuel cooler does ???? Never heard of one man!! Do I need one, etc

Can you explain to me what a fuel cooler does ???? Never heard of one man!! Do I need one, etc

That's a good question, I guess it does just what it says.:D There new, I just saw them as of yesterday and thought they looked pretty 'cool '.:hehe: I assume that the help to 'cool' your fuel in case you are running hot to help maintain a descent temp. I'm not sure that you 'need' one, but if you want one....sure why not.;)

Thanks man !!! If that's what they do i'll be investing in one each for my trucks

Typical of an Integy product.....Gee, ain't it purdy?
Your fuel bottle and the fuel in the tank are already at the ambient outside temperature. If that happens to be 85 degrees, then that's the lowest temperature this 'pretty' accessory can cool it to.
Where would you mount it? Behind the engine or on the side, close to the carb? Excellent....right where it can draw in engine heat and make your fuel even hotter.
As MANY members have stated here, again and again, don't waste your hard earned money on pretty crap.
As Mythbusters once proved, the myth is confirmed. You CAN polish a turd.

i have now officially seen it all.

Maybe you guys didn't see the news about 6 months ago. Novarossi was first to make them, and they do work. Put between the pipe and tank, and it will dissipate some heat from the exhaust fumes.

Of course you have to race at a very high level of competition to warrant such a device, since it will only give you about 30sec extra runtime in a buggy.

I have a buddy who made his own ECG(exhaust gas cooler), and after some extensive testing, that was the numbers he ended up with.

But I'm sure Integy has found a way to mess up a simple product as that.

whats the point??...i know what a fuel cooler does and how cooler fuel makes more power because i build 1:1 drag cars but comon on one or these??..like really

I can't agree with the cooler fuel theory. Cooler AIR, yes. That is why there are turbo air to air intercoolers. That is why we old school drag racers used bags of ice on the intake. Cool air is denser. Denser air helps make a denser fuel MIXTURE. A denser mixture makes more power.

Watch drag racing--their times get better as the sun goes down because the air is cooler thus denser. It has very little to do with the actual fuel temperature...

Geez guys, I didn't know that you were gonna tear the thread apart.....I mean I know how most of you feel about Integy, but come on, all I did was ask your opinion on something I saw and thought might be a good idea with everbody asking how to run cooler and all and I guess I got it !:p:
Oh well, at least I tried !:D Thanks anyways !;) Guess what I won't be getting anytime soon !:hehe: