integy 3 shoe clutch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamdude

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
can anyone reccomend a 3shoe clutch for my jato. I bought 2 integy evolution 5 clutch for my jato with an OS 21 and the other is a stock 3.3 and both clutches are engaging at idle they are brand new so i don't understand why they are doing this as if the springs are worn my idle is not high . infact i reinstalled the stock 2 shoe clutch and they run fine .I have seen that HOT RACING makes one has anyone have any expirience with them or any other ?I know BUKU makes one but its too expensive

you might try modding the stock one. like cut the length down. or move the mounting hole. or put a large champher on the side of the shoe. or add weight to the shoe. please note i havent done these mods. i have just thought about them. i have only used the stock traxxas shoes. i want to try the buku, it should be a good one. but all my 3 traxxas car are down for a while

Adding weight to the shoe will make them engage earlier. More mass.

I'd fuss with the springs. Just sounds like your springs are a bit too long or weak for the shoes. What flywheel nut are you using? If it's the traxxas one, it's thinner than a typical flywheel nut that has a groove for springs to rest on it. That would allow it to not put enough pressure on the springs.

I bent my springs a little bit when I put an 1/8 clutch on my revo so they would press against the shoes a bit more. I just bent where they touch the nut by putting a little kink in them.

Back