Installing LRP .30x motor onto a Revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odindris

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello,
I want to install an LRP .30x big block motor onto my Revo 3.3. I have seen many videos with this done, but have yet to find a good guide on how to or parts list. I'm trying to put together a parts list right now to order everything and see the final cost. But i am having trouble figuring out exactly what i am going to need. I know I will need the Motor, the traxxas big block conversion kit (Should work), the rotostart backplate with roto start, Big block exhaust, Big block header pipe, probably a metal transmission gearing. That's as far as i've gotten. Anything else? Will the stock carb be fine? Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you,
Odindris

Last edited:
Find the differences between the old and new engine. Carb type, exhaust out location and then see what you can do to make things fit.

The carb that comes with it should be fine. The revo filter neck fits I believe. I have the high flow one on my small block revo with an OS21TM and a stock neck with a BB filter glued to it on my BB revo.

As you noted, need a traxxas big block kit, header/pipe (comes with header, but probably a purpose built one would be best, like the THS big block pipe), roto start and notched rear arm for extra clearance. GH and new era used to make an arm, not sure if you can find one though as they are both out of business.

Found a fairly recent build here:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/revo-trx-mount-lrp-30x.112501/#post-1095769

Pretty sure the upper arms he's using are these:
http://www.gravesrc.com/golden-horizons-rear-upper-arms-blue-revo-e-revo.html

Thank you Olds97. Very helpful. Hoping this build isn't too problematic lol

Thank you Olds97. Very helpful. Hoping this build isn't too problematic lol
The build shouldn't bee too bad, it's the running it that'll be a pain. Better build the drivetrain to handle the power, a well tuned 3.3 can grenade the stock drivetrain.

Seeing if you can do it is half the fun. The other half is seeing if the finished product will handle your trigger finger!:stick:

Yeah I plan on upgrading any kind of drivetrain, and the transmission gearing to metal, to handle the higher torque loads.