Infraction/Felony

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
What is some people’s opinions on the e brake and the speed support that are in the Infractions and Felonies?

As much as I hate to send people to other forums Youll get way more answers asking this question on the Arrma forums. I dont think to many others here besides myself own an infraction or felony.

I think it is the same as my Fireteam E-Brake.
PXL_20230109_203336177.jpg

If it is, it is not much of a rear brake. When you use it, it locks up all four wheels making it hard to slide the rear out. But it does stop the car fast as all of the wheels lock up.
It is interesting but was over sold if you ask me. Wish I could modify it to only lock up the rears.

I think it is the same as my Fireteam E-Brake.
View attachment 160928
If it is, it is not much of a rear brake. When you use it, it locks up all four wheels making it hard to slide the rear out. But it does stop the car fast as all of the wheels lock up.
It is interesting but was over sold if you ask me. Wish I could modify it to only lock up the rears.
Couldn't you do something to the axle or the point that the e-brake is at to make it so that the front keeps rolling when you press the e-brake?

Couldn't you do something to the axle or the point that the e-brake is at to make it so that the front keeps rolling when you press the e-brake?
The handbrake brakes the main driveshaft in the rear of the car. If the rig uses a center diff the front should still be able to spin, albiet maybe not quite as freely

Only person I know that owns a Felony converted it to nitro :D

Sorry as I missed this.
That would involve separating the drive shaft from the from axle and a lot of engineering.
I am not even sure how I would go about that. Mayne a joint that only grabs when it spins in one direction? IDK.
This is why they engineered the car like they did and try to over sell it.

Only person I know that owns a Felony converted it to nitro :D
I feel that that would be pretty easy to do. I mean it has plenty of space since the center diff is right in the middle. I just saw on YouTube someone put 2 traxxas 3.3 engines in a felony. Seemed pretty cool.

Sorry as I missed this.
That would involve separating the drive shaft from the from axle and a lot of engineering.
I am not even sure how I would go about that. Mayne a joint that only grabs when it spins in one direction? IDK.
This is why they engineered the car like they did and try to over sell it.
I'm assuming the handbrake is engaged via a 3rd channel botton on the radio and I'm assuming the rig uses a center diff. If those two assumptions are correct then if you stay on power while hitting the handbrake the center diff should allow power to go to the front wheels while the handbrake manually slows the rear driveshaft.