info on "technokit jr" and "xrc"

• Thread starter itsalifeworthliving
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsalifeworthliving

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
looking for info on 2 brands of 1/5 scale on-road cars that I'm looking into getting. one is a "tecknokit jr" and the other is a knock-off of the same car made by xrc. i found technokits web site, but they dont list any distributers and i havent found anything on the xrc version eather. it will be a deal breaker if i can't find any way of getting parts for it, so any help would be great.. thanx. also want info on what the cars list for new, so i can find out what they would be worth in there presant condition..

what kind of price are you looking at?
I'm not fond of the XRCs, pretty low on the quality area imho. they are using cheap knockoffs of the Zen motors (not even CY knockoffs, cheaper) and from what i have read on them, they seem to be fairly problematic, ie. weak servos, britle plastics. thin aluminum that may bend quite easily.

the Techno Jrs are a bit better, but not much.

whats your price point? and what do you want to do with it as far as use? just bash or race?

hey timm. i was actually thinking about trading my baja for !2! complete on-roads as i like on-road better. i would have done it, but i came to reality. i new that xrc was junk,(hate cloners!)but thought the technokit was better. it is. but there is NO product support. none at all. gone. zip. zero. so imback to square one. though i love my baja, i just really want an on-road, but i just keep putting it on the back burner for other things..LIKE AN MT!! it always comes down to product support when I'm looking for a 5th scale on-road. oh well

Man I'm glad you came to your senses. I want an on road too, but I would never give up my baja for junk like that. When I think about it in the future, all I see is regrets as I'm calling Hong Kong trying to find a throttle-ma-jigger and wheel dooma-flochie

ya, you d have much better support with my Bergonzoni (not sold in the states for 2 or 3 yrs. and the models are now all discontinued (just last fall) and they only offer one model now with a Zenoah motor). but you can find parts for them in quite a few places, just takes a bit of looking.

but your right, can't find poop where XRC or the Techy Jrs are concerned. you brake it you may as well junk it and buy a new one.

Back