I'm really starting to hate Craig's List!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Every time I'm interested in somthing it's a freakin scam!

I was interested in a 4 wheeler that is suposed to be in Baton Rouge which is about 1.5 hours from me (Alpines home town) and I told the guy I wanted to go see it but this is the reply I get........

My 2007 HONDA RINCON 680 4X4 EFI CAMO is in perfect working condition, the exterior look like it just came off the assembly line. The atv has only 213 hours,clear title. This is the second time when I try to sell my atv...First time I tried eBay because every time I only use 100% safe methods and I've sent the atv through the eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program to a buyer from Florida. He paid the shipping and insurance costs and when eBay requested the full payment he refused to pay. Why? ... because he agreed to purchase the atv in the first place, but typically didn't had the necessary amount to do so. ...

I'm an US Air Force Sgt. currently stationed in Rota Air Force Base from Barcelona,Spain in training, getting ready for Afghanistan. My brother from US works for DAS and he will take care by the shipping.

The atv and its documents are in the US at DAS auto shipping warehouse waiting to be delivered. My wife just gave birth to my forth kid, I need all the money I can get to leave to her. Also, I hope to sell the atv before we deploy to Afghanistan. The atv is fully paid for, fully functional, the title is clean and clear.

The total price will be $3000 including shipping, insurance and ebay fees since have been paid the previous buyer.

It is very important for me to know if you have all the money to buy it or you need to get a loan for it. We will use eBay protection program for our safety and for payment I prefer to use an eBay Managed safety account.

What a joke. I've been getting yanked around on there lately also. Not that bad though.

wow, the english in that email made my head hurt.

I have a '78 Honda for sale, and somebody "tried" buying it from me. He told me he'd pay $30 over asking price to hold it and remove the listing, and he would make arrangements to have it picked up after I received payment. He wanted my address to send the money order to, said no PO box because "Fed Ex won't deliver to PO boxes". After doing some research, and talking to a buddy, I replied to the guy saying I'm not comfortable with the terms of the sale, as it resembles a common scam tactic.

Haven't heard from him since.

a guy sold me a fried mini t on cl
luckily the lhs guy had spare components that he let me have