I'm Having One Of Those Days...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozarks104

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Since my neighbor has ran my truck into the mailbox nothing has gone right! I first went to the hobby store and bought what what i needed to fix it. Then i got home all ready to put it together and found that i left my tools over at my friends. So today I got up went over got the tools. Fixed her all up this morning. Tuned her perfectly AND THEN i stripped my spur gear and blew out one tire and stripped the hexagon nut in anotherl! So i have to go BACK to the hobby store and purchase a spur gear and a set of tires and rims!!!! :doh::angry::doh::angry::doh:

Nothing has gone right with this new basher project! i swear its one part after another! A-Arms, Steering Servo,Rod End, Shock caps, Suspension Pins and now a set of tires/rims and a spur gear!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Here are the pics! I feel better now since i have vented lol.
2cz7g94.jpg

11kleuf.jpg

rvy0cw.jpg

Haha thank you "Rolex" I am! I was just excited to take it to this new spot I found! I just can't seem to get out of my cul de sac. Haha. But yes! I'm going to the Ozarks this weekend for vaca and I'll have some good pics! For anyone who doesn't know. The Lake of the Ozarks are in Missouri. We have a place down there. I'll be there a full week! In the Missouri hills!!! :) oh yes I'm excited!!

Sounds like a good time!..be sure to set the gear mesh proper

Hey guys I'm back from the lake! Week long of boating, fishing, cliff jumping and of course bashing the piss out of my TMaxx! I'm sure glad i took "Rolex" advice! I broke pretty much the entire front end and another went through 2 spur gears! Hahaha it was awesome! I did find out that gravel is absolute bloody hell of these trucks! Omg talk about a rattle trap. I found myself tightening virtually every bolt every other day. Also something really weird happened. Something I've never had happen that had me frustrated for about 20 min. As you know the disk brake on these maxxs are semi exposed and I had a gravel rock jam up in there that prevented it from spinning. I was booking it down this road and did a front flip out of no where. It locked up. I never thought to look there. And when I went to start it. Instead of turning over. the wheels would spin and shoot forward. I hope this was because of the rock. I didn't get to test after I removed it. Anyway yea. Fun trip! I'll upload pics tomorrow!

when I went to start it. Instead of turning over. the wheels would spin and shoot forward. I hope this was because of the rock. I didn't get to test after I removed it.
If the wheels spin while trying to start it, check your clutch. There could be something stuck in-between the CB and flywheel, but being as the Traxxas clutches are known for busting springs, I'd put my money on that.

Back