idle only at wide open

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazyracer22b

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok , ok i finally got my duratrax to idle , but there is still one prob , it will only idle with the carb almost fully open , and when i do give it full all it does is spay fuel, no smok or nothin, and it just boggs for a few seconds then just dies. what could be wrong, i think it has something to do with the needle that goes into the throttle arm (low speed i think). Oh yeah my dad used to work for an anodizing shop a while back and i got a free head from Crazy nut racing, and that poop is huge works awsome and looks it to www.crazynutracing.com if ya are interested.

your running to rich lean it out a bit

i leaned out the low speed needle and now it wont even start it just turns over for a split second every once and a while.
I dont know what to do

if it just abruptly stops you prob have whats called fluid locked so take your fuel line off or clamp it take your plug out stick a paper towel over the plug hol pull it a few times then connect/unclamp the fuel line put theplug back in and give her a go see what happens

If it's barely running at WOT, you high is to rich. Check your manual if you have one and set your needles back to factory. Then try it and see what happens.

If it was to lean at WOT, it would scream and overheat then lock up or die.

My co-workers had a problem with his Nitro evader not idling properly, everytime he closed his carb/idle adjust it would kill off. The problem ended up being his cluth spring had came undone and was catching up around his shoes, whenever his truck dropped close to idle the shoe/spring got gammed. The weird thing is that when you pulled the crank start the wheels didn't turn which is usually a tell tell of bad clutch , bad drive train problems.
Good luck

Try a new glow plug.. reset all your needles to factory settings..

i would get a new enigne druratrax is bad get a picco, or a os., you know the ussual

Back