ideas on how to mount this exhaust

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjoseph

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
this is the OS pipe for the 18tz that i already had would like to reuse it and mount it in the back.
Just not sure the best way to secure it

thanks

Attachments

• 20150112_135049 (1).jpg
    20150112_135049 (1).jpg
    108 KB · Views: 202
That's going to be a tricky one. It can be done but unfortunately I'm one of those that would have to just trial and error it. Sorry I can't give you a step by step on how I would do it without actually doing it. I would probably start with a piece of the actual wire that holds it in place and try to fabricate a way for it to hold the exhaust but still allow easy removal.

I'm going to see if i can find some kind of metal tube/wire that is stiff but can be bent using two pairs of pliers at the hardware store.
the one that came with the truck is too short and not bendable at least not using pliers

Heat the stiff wire with a hand torch and you will be able to have just about any bend you want,if a loop is needed heat and bend around a nail

I don't own a revo....well not a nitro powered revo, so I have no idea how to secure that pipe, but the wire your looking for could come from a clothes hanger. I've used clothes hanger wire to secure pipe to savages.

thanks guys, i picked up a 1/8" steel rod from the hardware store that was $3 for 3'. I was able to bend it easily after heating it some.

does not fit as nice as the stock traxxas pipe but it will work for now.

Attachments

• exr1.jpg
    exr1.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 175
Guessing you may know by now, but with it like that, it ends to want to disconnect from the header or at the very least, the screw holding the wire into the tower gets loose.

I run a turnbuckle from the rear tower to the shock mount, so then the pipe can rest on the turnbuckle and the wire on the end only has to support some of the weight. I run a THS revo pipe now though on both my small block revo and big block revo, so they mount in the center like the stock pipe. I still have the turnbuckle under it though to support the weight of the pipe flopping around during jumps and vibrations.

You can see it here with fuel line around it to cushion it so the pipe doesn't get mangled from resting on steel:
2013-0112-RevoTHS-SB-Pipe-Top.jpg

It actually also helps with supporting the wing/tower a lot. I think that's an old savage turnbuckle.

Man, these photo's are old... That rig is now a big block revo with a revo THS BB pipe on it and my other revo is a small block with a revo THS high torque pipe on it.