I want a nitro SCT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVNed

Vroom Vroom
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
With 4x4. All I am seeing is Nitro Slayers. Is this a good truck? I would prefer something 1/8th scale. I have been watching ebay for an SC8.

Are you looking for a competition or for bashing?

A truggy or similar to the sc10 would be the best option. That is cheap but very good quality like the xtm xst which is what I have for bashing and a hobao for competition. The truggy's are very stable and can take a beating.
I can have a look for you if you'd like.
Your looking for a 1/8th?

I have an 8ight-T, Neo ST, Savage X, Octane, LST2, Hyper 7TQ and an FO-XX. They need an SCT to keep them company.

What ever goes dude if that's what you want you should get.
I want the losing 5ive b

Slayer is a fun rig..durable and parts are easy to find,upgrades are endless ect..not a bad choice at all imo

Can't wait to see carnage pics

I've never had a SCT, they look cool, and seem really well suited for track duty.

I just returned from bashing my old HPI MT1 and I have the suspension set to the highest ground clearance and there still stuff I bounce off of. I was basically driving on dirt next to a new house build, which there was a mountain of dirt next to, and I strugged going up the mountain because I would bounce off of the medium sized dirt clumps. Was fun though.

I have done the first 4 tanks. I am either going to have to cut the grass shorter or take it somewhere for the fifth. It is a blast to drive. It has done the eat a small rock and stop dead thing twice now.

I ran the first 2 tanks on pavement at a church . I did the other 2 on my gravel drive. Now I need more room. 3 seconds of WOT takes some space. Pics coming

IMG_6601.gif

Finished the break in today

I ordered heavier springs for the rear and a sway bar kit.
Could somebody point me in the right direction on some tires for bashing. I would like some larger ones (doesn't everybody) to go better in short grass. What can be fitted. I have seen 2.2, 2.8 and 1/8 buggy tires looking on the internet but dont really get a sense of what works well.

What about gearing. It is very fast on smooth surfaces but I like to run on mixed stuff, gravel, grass and dirt and would like some more bottom end.

Badlands are great for short grass. Grab some 17mm hexes and then you can run the 1/8 buggy wheel/tire combo, I'm pretty sure there are some 17mm SC wheels as well.

I am going with badlands 2.8s

Do Slash bodys fit a Slayer?