I think I found a pretty good deal.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bustedgears

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've been piecing together a nice new stereo system for my mustang and I came across this.

Two ten inch MTX thunder 8000 subs. They're not top of the line, but I believe they're one step down. I think some dink hooked them up wrong, because one was out of phase, and the other was shorted at the box plug (wires were frayed and touching, probably beason)

To top it all off, the box fits like a glove.

$85 out the door, including tax, regular marked for $139.99

01010001-1.gif

Those sub's are a couple year's old.I almost bought a 15" 8000 last week but decided id rather have the new 8500 series. MTX make's kick ass sub's. That's what I'm gonna run in my truck,Either MTX or Soundstream,Both sound really nice.

By the way, Keep a eye out on the emblem's in the center of the cone. If i remeber correctlly that style 4000-8000 series were having problem's with the MTX logo in the center of the cone coming unglued and rattleing. Oh yeah,Keep appleshit away from the subs

Last edited:
To be honest, I didn't really know what those were, but something about the twelve leg mounting kind of swayed me towards them.

Not bad from a pawn shop, eh?

bustedgears said:
To be honest, I didn't really know what those were, but something about the twelve leg mounting kind of swayed me towards them.

Not bad from a pawn shop, eh?

Yeah you should check into mtx's newer stuff also, MTX is pretty high end i prefer them over fosgate.

$85 for the pair of them isn't a bad deal,The pawn shop wanted to charge me over $150 for a single 15'',I lost total intrest after thinking about the 8500 series

I have never liked MTX but they do sound good. I prefer PPI for my subs and amps. I run Alpine amps with Kenwood decks and either infinity speakers or MB Quart.

For speaker's,I'm like redneck i prefer MB Quart or Infinity. MB aren't flashy,there not catchy. But the sound they produce is a winner. Infinity's are nice also. There great priced too, Infinity's will probablly be the set of speaker's I'm gonna use in my truck, Just have to find the right one's.

Every line makes a High end and a low end. Every company. Mtx is a pretty good company and even there low end stuff is good stuff. The 8000's use to be some good subs. I'm sure youll like them.

I've NEVER owned a good Kenwood deck. I currently have a Kenwood deck in my truck that I paid over $500 for and honestly I wouldnt pay $50 for it again. I had a Kenwood 2 decks before this one and that was also a high dollar deck and I had nothing but problems. After that deck I claimed Id NEVER get a kenwood again, but the sales guy told me if I had ANY problems with this deck he'd take it back. A week later I went in to exchange this for the Pioneer I should have bought and the dude didnt work there anymore.. Pioneer or Alpine is all Ill ever buy (Deck wise).

Highs I run Infinity Kappa plates, and I really like them (I had Kenwoods and Bostons pros before and they sucked ass). I also had some Rockford 6" with the crossovers that were good speakers but were way overpriced.

Andy, Why the hell did you spend $500 on a kenwood deck? For me,I like alpine,My dad has last year's 9857 model and it's pretty trick,Has a crap load of features. I myself have been looking at pioneer and alipine. I think pioneer's look cool, but function wise iunno. This year's alpine's look retarded and cheap. i might have to break down and by last year's model

I spent $500 on the deck because it had alot of features for competition. I used to compete Db Drag, Db outlaw, and Iasca. Yeah it has the features, but it skips like nuts, scratches cd's like mad and is just plain old crap.

It scratche's cd's? Did you call kenwood and complain about it,If that's a internal problem from factory they should replace it.

My old Kenwood did the same poop. I've called Kenwood about it before and they said to send it in and they will look at it. I sent in my old one (Whcih took over a month to get back) and it scratched them the same when I got it back. Kenwood Decks just blow ass.

Well do yourself a favor and buy a alpine,that's all we've ever used and we've had no problem's(we,dad and I.)

Thats the plan. That or Pioneer. I've always had good luck with Pioneers. Alpines are awesome to just so old school looking. Ill worry about it later..lol

Back