I stroked it today

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
I had my hands all over one today.
What a great design. CLEAN. The truck is tight. The chassis is made of machined alum and is stiff. All the electronics are tucked up in front out of the way from fuel and easy to access.

The engine comes with both a pull start and a roto start. The exhaust is routed out the back and won't gunk up the rear wheels.

MY LHS has 40 of them in stock today. I believe the price is 460.00 give or take. Its a great truck. You can contact Jake and he will send you one today ups. www.jphracing.com

-Ed

Last edited:
Me, too, Eddy. Me, too....

Oh! And when you get to see one run, fill us in. Sounds like the design is a good start. Sounds like they were paying attention to some of the pitfalls of running nitro. I'm just interested in how it will stack up against the competition..

That is a good price only $60 more than a T-Maxx.

I seen one today at my LHS. It really is a BFT!!

Two things that suck:
1) Plastic piggyback resivoirs
2) .21 engine in a MT that weighs as much or more than a Savage.

So What if the reserviors are plastic. Who in here cares?
It's still a decent truck, and has alot more to offer that a T-Maxx. You sound like you are pressed to find something wrong with the truck.

Eddy I bet you had fun.

:jk:

As for the truck I think it should be awesome.

Originally posted by Freedom
So What if the reserviors are plastic. Who in here cares?
It's still a decent truck, and has alot more to offer that a T-Maxx. You sound like you are pressed to find something wrong with the truck.

No, just pointing out possible problems.

For the most part, the MGT was built how the T-Maxx should have been built. You will be surprised though, on how similar the MGT is to the T-Maxx in design.

I like my T-Maxx, but I think this BFT is so much better, maybe it's the T-Maxx's bigger brother. I would shell out the extra $60 to get this truck, but it took them long enough to release it, too late got the new T-Maxx instead.:thumbdown

They did their homework on this one. I'm sure in the weeks and months ahead we will hear some great things about this truck.

The fake piggybacks are a joke.

"Fake" Piggybacks? Do they function at all?

I was thinking they kept the shocks filled with oil as it leaked out, seems to make sense to me. I don't think they were such a bad idea.

the piggybacks are all just for show. One of the dumbest things on a truck in a long time IMO

i know there was talk earlier about the piggybacks not being real. has this been confirmed by someone who has touched the real production model?

I just read it in the newest edition of RcCarAction. They did a full test on a production model.

really - its out already? my LHS doesn't have the new issue yet.

Originally posted by nitro dave
I just read it in the newest edition of RcCarAction. They did a full test on a production model.

And........

Originally posted by FastEddy

And........

The piggybacks are fake. Do you want more?

NA- I got a subscription for my birthday last year, so I always get it before the LHS

great...thanks NA steal my thunder bitch....

Good find, you can read all about it there. Looks like a pretty killer truck, especially if you are not to keen on the twin plate chassis design of the savage, which I am not.

Back