I really wanna know!?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Losi-HPI

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I would really like to know how the heck to pull wheelies like you see in the mags and stuff. What do I have to do or get to pull wheelies because my XXX-NT just won't! Please help me wheelie, just like everyone else, peace.

damn, that Losi should be able to, umm well tighten the rear shocks, and make sure to do it on a gripy surface, the more grip in the rear,...it should pop it up, try it out! :] :batman:

What exactly do you mean by "tightening the shocks"? Like, what exactly would I do to go about that? Thanks.

Does that mean a different oil for inside or just adjust the shock hight to make it more tight? Help, thanks.

Originally posted by RC4LYFE
damn, that Losi should be able to, umm well tighten the rear shocks, and make sure to do it on a gripy surface, the more grip in the rear,...it should pop it up, try it out! :] :batman:

Bad advice...

To wheelie you want the rear to go faster than the front.

Heavy shock springs on the front light on the rear.
This will allow the rear to squat during acceleration. The front of the truck will be higher than the rear and give way to the rear of the truck that is trying to accelerate.

Tighten the spur gear all the way down. Make sure your engine is tuned properly especially on LSN. Make sure you have a body on.

-Ed

Now I'm lost and confused!? :wtf: :doh: I need some clear cut simple help!? Could that be put into dumb-ass terms lol? Thanks.

Originally posted by FastEddy

Heavy shock springs on the front light on the rear.

Tighten the spur gear all the way down.

Make sure you have a body on.

-Ed

Don't waste your time.

What the hell are wheelies good for?

If you're trying to take someone on a straightaway you'll be belly up eating the other guy's roost.

That's a very good point but sadly and unfortunately I have no-one around me to race with or anything so to keep nitro rc-ing interesting I have to start resorting to tricks and stuff. I thought doing wheelies would keep things interesting until something new comes along. I've already been doing donuts and my fair share of drifting but that's about it.:eek:: :whistle:

yea try jumps. always fun.

jump it, break it, fix it, jump it, break it, fix it, jump it, break it, fix it

LOL, I like that! :hehe: :devil: Sounds kind of like what I do.......

Heavy springs = stiffer springs
light springs = softer springs

Very well.

Eddy gave you the right tips.

Know this. That slipper clutch (spur gear) is the point in your drive train that has some give. If you tighten it down for no slip, you'll lose the protection it's designed to provide. Aside from slipping at sudden increase in rpm's (no wheelie) it can also slip when landing after a jump. This saves wear and tear on your gears and drive train.

id like my mt to pop weelies to i feel u!!!!!

-Tyler jae

My advise is to stiffen up the rear springs. Put as many spacers in there as you can fit. I don't like the squatting theory. I have 2 kids,a nd all they want ot do is wheelie.

the squat theory just doesn't work, it is true though that having your rear lower to the ground shifts your center of gravity/weight distribution farther back in the vehicle making it easier to pull off a wheelie... i would advise lowering the rear if at all possible and keeping the springs hard, not soft, so you dont loose as much of your initial throttle power in the squat... have fun, and try the jumping thing, start off clearing ditches (without water in them)and driveways, then its all your imagination...

I like that lol,.... without water in them.:hehe: :bow:

I have a Traxxas Nitro Sport and in order for me to pop wheelies i had to get all new gearing (16 tooth clutchbell and 72 tooth spurgear) thats the gearing my LHS told me to use.....I still can't pop wheelies as much as i want to, i have to go on an incline to get it up, is there any way to get it to do it on flat land.....plz help

Originally posted by nitro_sport
I have a Traxxas Nitro Sport and in order for me to pop wheelies i had to get all new gearing (16 tooth clutchbell and 72 tooth spurgear) thats the gearing my LHS told me to use.....I still can't pop wheelies as much as i want to, i have to go on an incline to get it up, is there any way to get it to do it on flat land.....plz help

heh, if you dont feel like slappin in some engine parts to make that lil engine beefier then you have two things you can do... A. adjust the shocks (different ppl have diff theories on how to do that) and B. relocate any items in your car farther back on the chassis, no one will disagree with that one... by moving items farther back, ie moving reciever power pack to a safe secure postition on the rear bumper for example will relocate the center of gravity more towards the rear, making it easier to pop a wheelie, although i would suggest you only moving parts that will not catch afire... aka fuel tank... I've seen this happen, and though quite funny, the damage can be extencive... keep in mind that there are negitive effects along with the relocation theory, your handling may seem quite different as the back end will be heavier and the front lighter, and your ability to turn sharply at high speeds will decreace because you will just end up sliding thosr front tires around... if you are lookin for the wheelies relocate the batt cell and maybe the reciever if you have a shock absorbing case on it... but as many of us have said... wheelies are expencive and can cause serious unwanted damage... but of course that is all at your disgression... good luck and hope I've helped a little bit
peace,

Back