I re used my dead MMM on my revo as an external BEC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peeeenuuutt

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
Had an MMM that i attempted to repair but never was able to. I was going to give it to castle support for a Sidewinder 8th for $70 but their customer service is jammed up and shipping is gonna take forever so I might as well use it for something.
And here it is.
image.jpg
In this situation it’s connected to this battery...
image.jpg
I normally run a nimh battery on the MMM because this battery isn’t doing much. The MMM’s computer is fried and only works as a BEC so I only need 6 volts. My nimh is really old and after I used it for a few runs it didn’t wanna charge again lol.
Here’s the other monster, the thing that’s hauling the weight of the thing and giving voltage to the servos and fans as well, my mxl 6s.
image.jpg
In the true workhorse fashion of this amazing ESC, it was able to power both fans, a computer fan (at one point) AND both power hungry savox servos with no issue. I had gotten a BEC overheat error so I decided to take some load off the mxl, so hello MMM.
Overall I am very happy with this setup!! The thing absolutely flies. That OG MMM was alone for all 7 or 8 years of its life, I wonder if it enjoys being in such close proximity to another Mamba Monster??

Last edited:
A little disappointed, opened this thread expecting to see a dual esc dual motor setup :(

Still pretty cool though.
Haha, I was thinking I was going to see the same thing. ;)

I swear I didn't mean to make it a scam :(. I changed the title. Sorry guys.... but if your esc starts to struggle to power everything else at least you have some feedback on how an MMM will do.

I swear I didn't mean to make it a scam :(. I changed the title. Sorry guys.... but if your esc starts to struggle to power everything else at least you have some feedback on how an MMM will do.

Nah didn't think you were trying to scam, just the way it was worded made it sound like you were running dual power systems lol.

On a side note want to see some boobies?
07sci-boobies-social-facebookJumbo.jpg

Nah didn't think you were trying to scam, just the way it was worded made it sound like you were running dual power systems lol.

On a side note want to see some boobies?
View attachment 25604
Now we are talking. Those boobies were much needed on this thread. Anyway, i have something up my sleeve on the dual esc dual motor thing...

Back