i need a schematic of the new era big block linkage bracket

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausher

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Can someone who has one please draw up a pic with measurements???? Please???[SIGN]please?[/SIGN]

Thanks!

Well I made this at work . Still gotta drill the holes. Hope it works. I left a big enough tab so I can drill a bunch of holes for different throttle arm positions...
2012-12-13_18-59-17_17.jpg

I bought a new era BB mount off eBay and it doesn't come with that throttle bracket. The searching I've done I haven't seen just the bracket for sale without a mount....

Here's what I came up with... using the jato throttle linkage...
Works pretty good... now if the motor mount would show up in the mail...
2012-12-15_00-08-50_181.gif

I would rotate your carb so the movement of the slide is in line with the pushrod. Having it at that much of an angle is going to cause wear/binding of the slide in the carb over time.

That said, I like the thought of being able to use ball cups vs the stupid slider/slotted arm. Mine is in someone elses hands right now as they are using it as a template to make a mount and throttle bracket or I could have gotten specs for you.

I did readjust it so its all in line. It operates much smoother than the original setup. I think the original bracket just uses the slotted arm. This setup sticks out a little further.

Yeah, it does use the slotted piece. I have very little wiggle room with the pivot arm due to running a new era steel roll bar.

The original roll bar wouldn't fit so I made a new one. The bar doesn't fit the body either. Had to hack it all up. But I have plenty of room...
2012-12-18_01-40-59_346_edit0.jpg

I'm going to rebend it to tuck it in or make another out of round bar. I didn't realize it was stainless and a weld wouldn't take to it....

Last edited:
New era roll bar:
2012-0108-RevoTopBodyOff.jpg

I raised the back legs up about 3/4" with spacers and cut the top 2 fins off my engine. The roll bar and wing make contact with the ground before the engine does. Haven't had an issue since the install. Felt like sacrilege cutting the fins off the LRP head though... Runs fine all day long between 210-240.

Back