I got my Fantom .27 today!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R/C Madman

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I still have not run it yet but, I have to say that it looks like a vary well made engine! The head is awsome! I have to put in my new UE Ultra light diffs, Super 6 tranny kit, Strobe slipper, UE Ti CVD's and drop in the engine! The manual has a ton of info in it! The break in is 4 tanks of WOT (5 seconds at a time turn hit it again :jet: ) so it should ready to rip tomorrow! :cheers:

Sweet! Let us know how it runs after break in. What are you putting it in?

I am putting it in my Supermaxx!

Attachments

• cd_1_sb.jpg
    cd_1_sb.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 164
That is a nice car! sounds like a sweet engine!

That's a nice looking ride, what engine is that on the truck in that pic?? I thought the FR27 was black with a silver head? If that is a different engine, lets see some pics with the fantom on that shinny ride!

Originally posted by R/C Madman
I still have not run it yet but, I have to say that it looks like a vary well made engine! The head is awsome! I have to put in my new UE Ultra light diffs, Super 6 tranny kit, Strobe slipper, UE Ti CVD's and drop in the engine! The manual has a ton of info in it! The break in is 4 tanks of WOT (5 seconds at a time turn hit it again :jet: ) so it should ready to rip tomorrow! :cheers:
You hit WOT on the first tank? Dude, it's their engine and they know how to break it in but I would call them for guidance on that one because it sounds like it was a typo in their manual. Just a thought.

I have in fact heard the same procedure with other engines but i'm like EP here....I would definately call and at least confirm the break in process for your engine.

Saggy

Re: Re: I got my Fantom .27 today!

Originally posted by El Pirata
You hit WOT on the first tank? Dude, it's their engine and they know how to break it in but I would call them for guidance on that one because it sounds like it was a typo in their manual. Just a thought.

There is a very detailed reason for breaking it in this way in the manual. The manual is 26 pages and 11 of them are telling of how important it is to break it in this way. This is not my first nitro engine (more like #14) so, believe me if they did not have such a great manual (most don't) I would be on the horn asking about what to do or just break it in the way I did most of my engines.

that pic was from ebay... sorry to bust your bubble... just look at the lil icon in the bottom right corner... correct me if I'm wrong please. :) sorry

You are right. I bought it on Ebay for a $1000 and just dropped another $800 into it. That's the only picture I can post on this site because of there size and I don't know how to resize them!:shrug: You can check my gallery for more pics!

Last edited:
Re: Re: I got my Fantom .27 today!

Originally posted by El Pirata

I thought the same thing at first. Here is a thread talking about the new Fantom .27 breakin.

I started the Break in today! :dance: It is an amazing enigne! It started on the 2nd pull and idled great right away! It has a ton of low end power and the top end is :OMG: :jet:

I can't wait to see what it will do with some fine tunning!

Lets see some pics of it:thumbup:
What is the HP rating on the FR27??

It is rated at 2.81HP and 42,000 RPM. I will put some new pictures in my gallery tomorrow (charging the batteries for my Digi cam) I can't make my pictures the right size to post in a thread for some reason!:mad:

I uploaded some pics in my gallery!:worship:

Thanks! I just smoked a clutch bell because I could not get the mesh right with my spur and bell. My engine is hitting the fuel tank so, I had to buy more parts!LOL Had to get a Ofna tank mod, new clutch bell and got some extra clutch shoes for the hell of it!

That's how this hobby is...break something buy a new one...and something else to go with it lol.