i got a dremel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyd

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
this may not mean much to you guys but i finally got a power tool. i got the dremel 300 series rotary tool. it comes with 55 accessories. I'm but some tools for my underconstruction work area in my basement.

so far i used it to make a skid plate thing for my nitro rs4 mt to cover the the spur gear under the car because i lost some teeth today while driving in my back yard.

Right on danny...You will find your self....Saying HEY! I can fix that I have a dremel.........

thanks ZANDOR i also used it to get a stripped screw out. i love this thing

Nice..You'll find out that your gonna use it alot more than you think. I know I do!!

nevnitro said:
Nice..You'll find out that your gonna use it alot more than you think. I know I do!!

I see you got you avatar working....:banana:

Dremels are awesome, I could not live without one! You will see how much you will actually use that, they have a million uses.

this may sound wierd but i just used it to fix a problem with my grandmas denchers. there were some peices the stuck out that were hurting her mouth. lol

can you use these to screw in screws? do the have flat and phillups head driver attachments..

dannyd said:
this may sound wierd but i just used it to fix a problem with my grandmas denchers. there were some peices the stuck out that were hurting her mouth. lol

can you use these to screw in screws? do the have flat and phillups head driver attachments..

LMFAO danny thats funny right there...

And no to your second question...get your self a cordless drill...

the cordless is next on my list. are there any power tools that i should get? I'm also thinking of getting a drill press. there is one by my school that i can attach my dremel to and let it down on something. does that sound like something worth getting?

Drill press take up some serious room, even a little one for a dremel. Unless you have a dedicated work area I dont know if thats such a good idea. It HAS to be bolted down very good to work well.

Only other really usefull "power tool" (as Zandor said) would be a good quality cordless drill. I would recommend a 16v or higher, keyless chuck, reversable, built in level, and variable speed.

Unless your going to be doing carpentry work or working on cars alot there arent any other MUST HAVE powertools that I can think of.

I did thanks to hooking me up with "ImBroken" Now all I got to figure out is how to put a signature in there. I may be PMing him back with another dumb question.

atta boy. Dremels rool! I'm actually suprised Proline or Hpi hasnt came out with there versions yet (Or have they?) Things kick ass.

Anyone use a cordless drill with Rc stuff though? I havent yet.. Well I take that back, I did a couple times when my rotostart went dead, but thats it.

Actually, if you ask me, another must have would be a cordless reciprocating saw. I have one from Black and Decker and let me tell you, I have used that thing almost if not as many times as my cordless drill. Also, when/if you go cordless, spend the extra bucks and go 18 volt. Much more power and better battery life. I promise you won't be sorry.

My wife actually just bought me a craftsman 19.4v cordless drill. She got the one with the little light that shines up at the bit for 91 tax included. Needless to say I was a happy kid when she showed me that!

NCNitro said:
A cordless reciprocating saw huh? I never had the need for one of those while working on my RCs :shrug:

But you'll be glad you have one when you do need it.:)

In addition to a cordless drill I also use one of these a lot with my RCs and also around the house.

DW920K-2_K1.gif

I have a set of hex drive drill bits so I can use it to poke holes when I don't want to lug out the cordless drill. The clutch on it is very good, I can install wall plates on the lightest setting without cracking them, and still have more than enough power to drive long screws into wood, metal etc.

IMO a drill press is not too useful with RCs unless you need to make a lot of drilled and tapped holes. You can get a cross slide vise and make it a mini milling machine but it all depends on your tinkering level.

Dannyd, once you get into painting bodies you will find that your dremel and the sanding drum does wonders for trimming a body. Have fun with it!

Back