I finally took some time to paint... (Lots of pics, not 56k friendly)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well, let the bashing begin... those of you who liked my old painting job:
T-Maxx-BodyOn-tanksideplastic.jpg

Should like my new one:
T-Maxx-BodyOn-FlamesBodyTopFront01.jpg

T-Maxx-BodyOn-FlamesBodyTankSide01.jpg

T-Maxx-BodyOn-FlamesBodyTop01.jpg

T-Maxx-BodyOn-FlamesBodyFront01.jpg

T-Maxx-BodyOn-FlamesBodyTopRear01.jpg

Last edited:
Man you're not afraid to chop a body are you!

I had an incedent with brake cleaner... it had to happen as I was cleaning. I didn't realize that break parts cleaner would eat through lexan. To make matters worse, parma didn't include the paint spray film on the outside. Which is why I was using the brake cleaner. Stupid overspray.

Unless your talking about the first pic. Thats from bad ass end landings. I'm sure this one will eventually look the same.

Last edited:
the way bodies should all end up!

good lookin body. but didnt i see these pic in another thread around here?

later

Originally posted by olds97_lss
Probably the first pic. I posted that one somewhere else.

no i seen all those pic, u sure u didnt post them in the Body shop forum?

later

Hey Olds....Big improvement over the other body bro. I think your one of few guys that I know that rips Maxx bodies in two on a regular basis. You should be proud:ahh:

BTW...How do you like that Omega engine? I know guys running them that like em but I've never run one.

It's a good engine so far. I have about 1.5 gallons through it. It took to about a full gallon to become easy to tune though.

I don't know about longevity yet. I'll post a report when it dies so all will know how good or bad it is. It definatly has more power than the OS 21 RG which is what I had first.

Good to know Olds...so it has more power then the OS..huh..that's pretty impressive in itself. As for long-term breaking in. Most RC vets will tell you that like many 1:1 engines, that Nitro engines need a longer break-in (usually a gallon or so) to realize their peak power potential. This seems true IME and especially with big bore's. The Picco/Wasp .26's can be a slight pain @ first but after a gallon or so the tuning is much easier and they scream like nothing else on the low-end.

The OS 21 only took about 1/2 gallon to get it broke in. Same with the two OS 15 cv-r(x) I've broken in.

As for the power, it's got a lot more than I was used to. I end up on my roof all the time with 72/20 gearing and lots of aluminum/steel parts. It hits second gear in about 8-10 feet on concrete. In the grass, it's hard to tell. The tires grip better on the lawn, so I have to go into the throttle easier or I end up on the roof.

Smart ass!

It will be awhile. I don't want to tear it up yet. I just got a truck from another kid and he included like 4 used and abused (but not as bad as mine) bodies, so I'll trash those first. This one is on a shelf for me to remember what it's supposed to look like. Besides, I'm still running the half gold/black body. Until it will no longer ziptie to my roll bar, it's the one I'm going to use. All I do is bash and that's usually done alone, so the only person it impresses is my wife right now... and she's not that impressed anyway.

I wonder why no-one else rips the ass off their bodies? Don't any of you guys pull wheelies at inappropriate times? That's how I usually tear mine up. I pull a wheelie in the lawn when I'm not expecting to and it noses up and usually flips onto it's roof. As it's going over, the bottom end of the tailgate catches the grass and gets crumpled.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Maxx Trooper

no i seen all those pic, u sure u didnt post them in the Body shop forum?

later

You probably saw it when Olds originally posted it last month. I thought the same thing.

- bomber