I finally broke something... Yay!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyster

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Yeah I know, it's not the best thing to do sometimes but dang man, I finally broke an A-arm on my Slash! I have had this thing sense September 30th (I think) and it has ran into poles, holes, ditches, rocks, cement curves, down stairs and even driven by my wife :whhooo:! Well today with weather at 30F outside I went down some concreat steps about 4 times WOT (lol) and it gave into the pressure. :hehe: It was fun, I laughed and my buddy Steve was just happy he wasn't the one driving it when it broke.
Got to say, the Traxxas Slash has got to be one of the toughest out there on the market for what you have to pay for it. Now I just need to buy another A-arm and oh yeah, one other thing, some axels for the E-Maxx lol. Yeah I broke a part on it too but it was expected. No telling what abuse it went through before I got it.

Oh Stock all the way. If I feel like dishing out some more $ I may go RPM's.It really shocks those who don't know much about the Slash I have is all Stock parts. If I go BL some day, I may do some upgrades on it but not much. When plastic bends the plastic part next to it bends. That in turn allows the energy to go further with out breaking IMO.

Oh I agree. I wasn't suggesting going aluminum, you know. Aluminum is for blingin' and plastic is for bashin'!

once I went BL on my slash I also went all RPM arms, castors, shock tower, gear cover annd what not. It seemed to help make it hold up but the RPM arms aren't perfect they seem to bind just a touch at the end of the travel. and yes I have replaced all the pins with Lunsford. All in all the RPM stuff is a good upgrade for the Slash without adding weight. before brushless I can't remember breaking too many things though. below is a rundown on some of the things that I have bought and what I think.

Hot Racing aluminum spur. buttery soft stick with stock spurs
Hot racing al chassis support. good strong upgrade no problems
Proline switch's. good tire just not good for hard packed track they dont have side bite in the corners
Proline bead locks. pain to keep together but they look nice, heavier than stock and wouldn't buy them again.
RPM parts. haven't broken an RPM part yet even after a trip to the skatepark

All in all it is hard to beat the stock setup Traxxas did a good job of R&D..

Dude, nice info but it is hard as all get out to read that blue text. A lot of us use RCNT Dark and the blue text makes us cross-eyed. Not a bash on you just and FYI!

Was looking on towerhobbies and the description on the RPM A Arms states "Composite nylon construction". Isn't nylon plastic? LOL
Here is the link: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPRE9&P=ML

Plastic is made from organic oil and Nylon is an engineered composite. It is more abrasion resistant, and more chemical resistant than plastic. It is also usually stronger and lighter than a plastic piece of equivalent size.

Last edited:
Well, I ain't saying it was my first choice but, I went ahead and got a set of RPM's. :LoL:

I went RPM arms all around after I broke an a-arm. Haven't really got to put them to the test yet.

Still going strong stock here......... and bl......

New brushless. Motor caught fire. Mmmmmm Marshmellows and kume-by-yaa (SP?)

aww i miss smores. our boy scout troop can't do smores anymore.( flaming marshmallows don't make nice things to throw at people.)

Back