I did it again

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie2

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Messed with the carburetor on my mgt4.60 little and now it won't shift
What happened?

Messed with the carburetor on my mgt4.60 little and now it won't shift
What happened?

If the engine is too rich & lagging power ,your trans won't shift ,however ,you should not run your engine so lean
to make the trans shift ,you need to find the balance of the tune an then the shifting point!
So ,find your tune that your engine is happy with ,then find the adjustment screw on trans then back the screw
up about an 1/8 of the turn ,when you back the screw off ,you are releasing the tension off the shift paw to
allow it to shift sooner!
I have a vid on how to do it!..😎

If the engine is too rich & lagging power ,your trans won't shift ,however ,you should not run your engine so lean
to make the trans shift ,you need to find the balance of the tune an then the shifting point!
So ,find your tune that your engine is happy with ,then find the adjustment screw on trans then back the screw
up about an 1/8 of the turn ,when you back the screw off ,you are releasing the tension off the shift paw to
allow it to shift sooner!
I have a vid on how to do it!..😎
Thanks for the video, but I think it's in the tune and not sure witch way to go

Thanks for the video, but I think it's in the tune and not sure witch way to go

Too rich & laggy will cause the trans to not shift ,a leaner tune will create higher rpm's to activate the shifting ,remember ,
the 2 spd clutch hub works off of centrifugal force to engage ,so a laggy engine is not going to do it!..🤷‍♂️

Also if your engine tune is walking all over the place an won't hold a tune ,especially on an older engine ,chances
are ,your carbs needles o-rings are bad an leaking causing unstable running conditions!

Too rich & laggy will cause the trans to not shift ,a leaner tune will create higher rpm's to activate the shifting ,remember ,
the 2 spd clutch hub works off of centrifugal force to engage ,so a laggy engine is not going to do it!..🤷‍♂️

Also if your engine tune is walking all over the place an won't hold a tune ,especially on an older engine ,chances
are ,your carbs needles o-rings are bad an leaking causing unstable running conditions!
You use FastEddys in nitro motors?

No ,in fact ,I never had to replace an engine crankshaft bearing ,those Fast Eddy's are for the 8.0 running gear an
actually won them on this sight from a drawing!..😂👍
i had a feeling it was from last years contest. 🤣 just figured I would ask as sometime this year I'm pulling my nitros out, and happened to see that.

Back