I am a new member from India

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pramodisha

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Dear All Members,

I am a new member and am based in India.

I have just imported an RC nitro car. It is a very nice thing but the problem is I am not getting nitro here to run the car.
Can anyone help me by letting me what kind places should I try to buy nitro from or whether it can be made with chemicals?
We do not have hobby shops here.

Thanks in advance.

Pramod Agrawal.

first off, welcome to RCNT.

your best bet, due to your location and situation, may be to make your own fuel. you will need nitromethane, methanol alcohol, and high grade oil like Klotz brand. you will want the purest nitomethane and alcohol that you can buy. combine them to make a mixture of 20% nitromethane, 14% oil, and 66% alcohol. this will give you a good safe fuel for everyday use, when you get better at tuning, you can experiment with other mixtures. if you cannot get those chemicals, you can try ordering premade fuel from www.towerhobbies.com they ship worldwide. if you do that, order a case at a time (4 gallons) to make it more economical, and so that you dont run out of fuel for a while.

Welcome, As corrado said your best bet would probably be to see if you can buy fuel from Towerhobbies.com. They will most likely have the best price with shipping and all.

What type of car or truck do you have?

welcome... I would suggest just buying 4 gallons at a time on tower hobbies.. they will ship to you as long as you have an adress. I wouldnt try to make your own fuel, unless you are pretty confident in what you are doing. Most people use 20% nitro fuel.... What type of car do you have?

Is there some kind of restriction on importing or even buying nitromethane in India? If there is, you won't be able to do any of the above - however you **can** run on methanol and lubricants alone, but you'll need to alter the engine head clearance to increase compression. See if you can do any of the above first, and if you can't, I can point you to some resources that will help you get running.

It CAN NOT be shipped via air. It is ground only. Nitro is a HAZMAT. I'm not sure on shipping regulations via vessel but I don't believe they will transport either and if they do it may be restricted to quarts, quantity, and it will take two-three months. You may want to look into a source in Asia (Hong Kong, Tokyo, etc.). Welcome to the board, and good luck coming up with some fuel.

If you've ever run an zero nitro percentage engine, you'd see there's not a whole lot of difference really. :D I've had a few airplane engines set up for no-nitro. Didn't set them up myself, just flew them.