hump pack charging time?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well i got a ofna hump pack and charger that cam with it a couple weeks ago but it didnt come with any paperwork (didnt even say the mah) so i was wondering how long to charge it. and is it best to stick with the charger that came with it or should i get a better one?

If you have the stock wall wart type charger you generally need to charge the pack 12-15 hours. Trickle type chargers are not the best for charging your packs. If you need help picking out a peak detecting charger (faster charge and no chance of overcharging) let us know and we will give you some advice depending on your budget.

could yall give me some advice picking the charger it would be helpfull. if i could get something in the 50 doller range that is decent would be nice. so I'm thinking best bang for the buck i dont need anything fancy

about the first one you listed does it need a special adapter to be able to plug into the revo charging plug

Does the Revo use the standard white two prong (Tamiya) plug or the little tiny black plug? If it uses the little tiny black (maybe red) plug it will work. You are charging the battery, remember, so the charger has the standard receiver adapter with it.

I'm not sure what the tamiya plug is I'm thinking its the one the 7.2 battery for the easy start uses but that is not it. it is the small red one its rectangle with a peice that sticks out further on one side
edit do you have a link that shows the differant types of plugs

This is the receiver pack adapter that comes with the Sport charger:
fcnrj8.jpg

This should be what your receiver pack's connector looks like:
345yb8g.jpg

If it looks like this just cut off the side that doesn't have a wire in it with end cutters and it will fit the receiver end (the charger end accepts either size):
33dxes5.jpg

Last edited:
I have one a model older than this:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRST9&P=ML

Does a great job on my receiver packs, micro-t, cordless drill, transmitter, glow heater, 7.2V stick packs and 4 AA holders with NiMH's in it for my camera.

It's adjustable in .5A increments. I like to charge my AAA, AA, 2/3A (receiver packs) at .5A (500mah). Seems to give a longer lasting charge. Not as much punch at first as a 1A charge, but it does last longer. Takes a while longer to charge though.

The "ballpark" math on how long a charger takes is pretty easy to figure out. If your 6V 1200mah pack is completely dead, at a 1A charge rate, it will take 1.2 hours. If you charge it at .5A, it will take 2.4 hours.

With a good high quality receiver pack, you may be able to charge it at 1.5A-2A safely, but I like to charge slower to spare the battery. If you get too aggressive, it shortens the overall life of the cells. So, quick charge may cost you less time, but more $ more frequently due to the cells giving out.

I've been using the 1400mah receiver pack in my aftershock for almost 2 years. Still holds a good charge longer than I have yet to run it.

Considering the versatility of the MRC 960 I linked to, it's a great charger for many charging needs, not just RC specific stuff. If you can make a connector and the device holds 1-8 NiMH or NiCAD cells, you can use the MRC 960 to charge it.

i have the connector in the bottom pick and the charger comes with the adaptor for it so it will work. i just wish the pack had the mah on it. i even looked it up on the web after i got home with it and couldnt find any thing so I'm sure it ist the best battery but id still like to know

I found a 3000mah 6v 5cell hump pack that had two connectors on it, the tamiya and the smaller, whatever it's called. 3000mah is probably over kill. I'll most likely break something before using it up in a day.

ooops!

yes, this one was the one i was referring to...the hpi. Please school me up on what sub-c is. I saw 5c 6v and thought it was the same. Is it a size difference? Ok woke up a little more and checked it out. Obviouse size difference and I missed it. But i did find the 1600 you referred to instead of settling on a 1200. After all, that's like a whole what? 1 minute longer run...lol

Last edited: