HSP Planet steering issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham j

RC Newbie
Reaction score
My newish planet steering quality has reduced. It won’t turn as tight as before. I’ve checked the trim settings and they are as was. Think it’s either the front wheel alignment or the servo saver. Any advise?

trouble shot it.. servo savers have a universal option (if you wanna go new)

Which vehicle is it specifically? I did a quick google search and it appears to be a 1/8th electric buggy. The photo I saw shows it has a built in servo saver with a nut on it. Those can sometimes loosen themselves up due to use (arrma's are well known for this). If it has self loosened, you would lose steering quite a bit. I had that happen on my outcast frequently and ended up buying a saver post that had a split nut you could lock with a screw. Short of that, tighten it all the way up, put some loctite on the threads, then back the nut down over the loctite and let it setup. That is, if yours has moved itself.

Which vehicle is it specifically? I did a quick google search and it appears to be a 1/8th electric buggy. The photo I saw shows it has a built in servo saver with a nut on it. Those can sometimes loosen themselves up due to use (arrma's are well known for this). If it has self loosened, you would lose steering quite a bit. I had that happen on my outcast frequently and ended up buying a saver post that had a split nut you could lock with a screw. Short of that, tighten it all the way up, put some loctite on the threads, then back the nut down over the loctite and let it setup. That is, if yours has moved itself.
I think you’re spot on with what you’ve said. It’s a 94060 1/8 scale which you can by from Australia with an 11.1v. The saver is as you describe. The thumb wheel tightening down the saver seems to rotate a bit as you turn left and right. This is not consistent hence I think I’m tightening and loosening as I turn. I’ll tighten down and apply a bit of lock tight as you suggest. Should work. Would you have any idea where I could get any geometry set-up dimensions for this car? It comes built and the complete instructions are 1 A4 for the entire car. I’d just like to confirm the factory set and rebuild the front end. Many thanks

No, I don't know. I think most run with zero toe on the front, or a bit of toe out... or that's for MT's... either way, a little toe out makes it less twitchy at speed. Just like 1 degree or so.