HSP 2 speed conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banshee123

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I wanted to covert my HSP Truggy (1:8 SH.18) to two speed. Wondering if anyone else had had any experience with HSP or similar 2-speed conversions and can help answer:
-Is it worth it?
-Where and what can I buy to do it?
Image of the car attached below
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 226
I wanted to covert my HSP Truggy (1:8 SH.18) to two speed. Wondering if anyone else had had any experience with HSP or similar 2-speed conversions and can help answer:
-Is it worth it?
-Where and what can I buy to do it?
Image of the car attached below
Thanks in advance.
if i remember correctly, HSP/Redcat/Exceed made a 2 speed version of these. i would assume it would need center trans, clutchbell (they used a 2 spur, 2 gear clutchbell design.) and one or both of the driveshafts. (probably only the front)as far as single speed vs. 2 speed in general, i really like 2 speed, for that specific vehicle? i have no experience.

Thanks for responding,
I've looked at the HSP 2 speed part but its only 1/10 (does that matter?)
and I'm not sure if it supports dual braking.

do you happen to know the model name of your car? I'm finding the HSP Camper 1/8 buggy, which is a small block 1/8 scale.
its really strange seeing a small block (.12-.20 engine) in a 1/8 scale car as typically 1/8 is big block. (.21 and larger.)
i really dont know if the 1/10 would fit. and like you said above, you would be losing a brake caliper doing that.
I'm sure one could be converted to 2 speed, but what it would take to do so i dont know if it would be worth it.

do you happen to know the model name of your car? I'm finding the HSP Camper 1/8 buggy, which is a small block 1/8 scale.
its really strange seeing a small block (.12-.20 engine) in a 1/8 scale car as typically 1/8 is big block. (.21 and larger.)
i really dont know if the 1/10 would fit. and like you said above, you would be losing a brake caliper doing that.
I'm sure one could be converted to 2 speed, but what it would take to do so i dont know if it would be worth it.
I don't think it's worth it. Maybe ill look into buying a bigger engine to get the power I want.

I don't think it's worth it. Maybe ill look into buying a bigger engine to get the power I want.

At one time ,I had an Ofna 1/8 buggy with a 21 size ,it had extreme power ,it was fast with out a 2 spd. ,
is it quite possible ,that you dont have your engine tuned to the maximum power?

Judging from the pic that you showed ,it looks like it is brand new ,so if it is still tuned for break-in ,you will
not see the potential power until the engine is tuned!...:cool: