Hsn

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whuggs1

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was tuning my Maxx for performace and noticed thr brass piece the HSN screws into just spins and never will tighten up. Should I loctite it ? The Maxx runs great with the Acncm head.

I think that you stripped it. You may need a new carb body, but you may be able to get away with some sealer.

Just ordered a new carb body for my 1 week old 2.5R today. \: Same thing... stripped the HSN out of it. Had no idea the threads were that flimsy. I'll certainly only finger tighten it next time.

My Sirio .18 that recently gave up the good fight had a similar composite carb body, and it never stripped. Not sure what's different about the traxxas one, but it's very fragile. You can pull the HSN completely out of my stripped one with no effort.

a bit of sealent might help but it can affect tunning, I would just get a new carb body they are about $14

I also stripped the threads on the hsn. I just jb welded it into place but I don't have much faith in it so I ordered a new carb. I will try the old one until the new one gets here.

Man that sucks was just leaning it out the hsn when I noticed the brass piece was turning too. Must over been done at the factory, it doesn't pull out but just is kind of loose and won't tighten up. JB weld or loctite ?

Not loctite, especially in plastic housing. Either jb weld or a good sealant.

ok thanks....... where is Vacaville ?

I only finger tighten my HSN, never had a problem.

Vacaville is between Sacromento and San Francisco... its like half way in between...

I tried running it with the jb weld fix and it ran like crap. The good news is that my new carb was sent out today so I should be running before the weekend.

I called Traxxas and they would not warrenty it and said it may of happend in when it took a hit. I didn't tell them it ran full speed in to a brick building,but I bet thats whay may of caused it. I'm going to try to fix it first, before I dump more money in to it.

Back