hsn screw

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmoney611

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have brand new jato 3.3 just broke in hopefully. Before I experiment with the tuning side of things. Is one full turn from the factory break in setting to lean too much? Bought car for my son but I'm breaking it in. Does not wheelie on command like they say. I'm wondering if it's not making full power because it's still too new or if it needs too be leaned way out to make that kind of power everyosne talks about.

I have the TRAXXAS 4-Tech on road car with the 3.3 & I have yet to mess with the LSN. IMO you shoulden't have to adjust /touch the LSN that oftin & to my knowledge I havent moved my LSN off factory setting since I got the car new last "may" I would also say get your 3.3's engine broken in really well I go easy 70-80% throttle on my Rig's for @ least the first 20-30 day's & then your Jato should pull very good wheel stand's

I have brand new jato 3.3 just broke in hopefully. Before I experiment with the tuning side of things. Is one full turn from the factory break in setting to lean too much? Bought car for my son but I'm breaking it in. Does not wheelie on command like they say. I'm wondering if it's not making full power because it's still too new or if it needs too be leaned way out to make that kind of power everyosne talks about.

At just past breakin it hasn't even started to wake up yet, DO NOT lean it way out!

It'll take a 1/2~3/4 gallon before it really starts to wakes up, but that first 3/4 gallon if run too lean will kill it's life span.

Tune it but not to one extreme or the other.

Last edited:
Depending on the weather you may have to turn it one full turn out from factory, if it's cold outside, 50°f for example.
It's very rare to ever find a good tune at 1 full turn in from factory.