HPI threaded aluminum shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNX

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Is anyone running these shocks? I heard they where better than the HB version. Any info would be nice since there on there way. :shrug: HPI shocks

I run them, they are very nice, and very durable. I have read stories on Savage central of people destroying everything on thier trucks, but the shocks were left unharmed.

I had to cut small slits in the dust protectors because they have a suction-like effect, but other than that you can just fill these up with 30-40 wt. oil (I used 35) and bolt them on.

Thanks for the response bOOm. They should be at the house when I get there this w/nd, along with about $600 worth of Savage goodies! :smoke:

I would not go as low as 35. I personaly would stick around 45,50, or for hard core bashing 55.

does anyone know if the mt2 ally shocks would work on the savage to be used for lowering my savage.

How strong are the shaft? I am lookin to get somethin like these or maybe these in particular for my Savage!

LMK

Jon

NMT shocks will not work on the Savage. I suggest putting a section of fuel tubing on the shock shaft inside the shock body to limit length. I have also been experimenting with putting the shocks on the lower holes on the arms, but it will require some dremel work and I am worried about weakening the structural integrity of my A-arms.

I belive the shock shaft is 2.5-3.5mm. Someone back me up on this? I'll check when I get home.

55wt. oil has an extremly high viscosity. I don't know what kind of shocks/tire setup your running on your savage (You have a savage right? It's not in your sig) but with big joe 40s and these shocks (35wt oil) a 10 foot drop will not bottom these out (partly due to the diameter of the tires). I belive anything over 40wt is going to cause you rollover problems.

For example: I have 60wt oil in my RS4 and with it's low center of gravity (compared to a savage) and its bald-notraction tires I can roll it over.

Try 35, you can always go up if you don't like it.